Tuesday, November 25, 2014

Wrapped Candy Cane Ornaments...

Here's another easy DIY ornament idea to add a little fun to your Christmas tree….candy canes wrapped with yarn or twine! I had a box of candy canes that I put on the tree last year and stored them away with the decorations. When I opened the box, they didn't look so good. I needed more ornaments for the tree I'm doing with the red, gray and natural colors, so I thought…why not use the yarn I had from the other projects and cover the candy canes?

Here's how they turned out!!

wrapped candy canes

Great project while watching tv…

All you need is a box of candy canes and yarn.

wrapped candy canes

Start by hot gluing the end of the yarn to the either end of the candy cane…then just start wrapping. Add dabs of hot glue in spots along the way to secure, especially on the curve.

wrapped candy canes

They only take a few minutes to wrap.

wrapped candy canes

A new life for the old candy canes!

wrapped candy canes

 Perfect little addition to your tree.

wrapped candy canes


wrapped candy canes

You can cover them with string and twine too!!

wrapped candy canes

Click HERE to see the other post I did using the yarn for ornaments.

Click HERE for the post on the snowflake clothespin ornaments in the above pictures.

Thanks for always stopping by,
~Karen~

Pin It

7 comments:

  1. Good idea, Karen, and they look so nice. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so clever! What a great way to use up the candy canes and the yarn! Hope you have a wonderful Thanksgiving.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a fun idea and I always have scrap yarns and things to make different types.
    I did the primitive chenille ones and my kitty stole all of them.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute! I've also done this using Dollar Store plastic candy canes and covered them with torn strips of fabric, homespun for a more primitive look.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment...I just love hearing from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails