Monday, November 24, 2014

No Sew Burlap Silverware Place Setting Holder…

Hi everyone! The holidays are upon us and I've been getting ready for Thanksgiving and Christmas. Most all of our family functions have a large number of people, so I always serve the food buffet style. The table leading up to the food has a stack of plates and a basket of place setting/silverware holders. I try to do something with the silverware that's easy, so each guest can just grab and go…they'll have a napkin and the utensils all in one.

Here is my latest project…it's shown here on a plate, but mine are usually in a basket filled to the brim. At the time I was taking the pictures, I hadn't finished all the holders.. so I'll update this post when my holders are filled and ready to go!

burlap silverware holder

This is a no sew project, so great for anyone to make…

I found this roll of burlap at Michael's in the 75% off section, so only a couple dollars. It has 10 yards!!

It's about 4 inches wide and the long edges are finished so there is no fraying.

burlap silverware holder

I cut my pieces 11-12 inches long, so I can get 30 holders per 10 yard roll.

burlap silverware holder

Just fold over the short edge about a 1/4 inch and hot glue. This will prevent fraying and give it a finished look.

burlap silverware holder

Do both short ends.

burlap silverware holder

Fold up one short edge to meet the other and hot glue each long side (left and right) together.

burlap silverware holder

This will create your pouch for your silverware and napkin. If you cut your strip longer, you can fold up the bottom edge only part way and have a longer back for the holder.

burlap silverware holder

If you are setting your table, you can place one of these on each plate and add a hang tag with your guest's name on the tag for a place card.

burlap silverware holder

Add berries for Christmas…

burlap silverware holder

or a glitter pine cone.

burlap silverware holder

This project only takes a minute or so to make each one. I need 40 for Thanksgiving and that pile of holders is done, just not filled yet. I need to make another 20 for a big Christmas party I'm having, so I better get gluing!!

Click HERE for another place setting holder I made using a potholder…It's also a little party favor for each of your guests.

place setting holder


I also did a post a long time ago on several other silver where holders. Here is one picture from that post that I made from paint chips cards!! Click HERE to see so much more in that post.

place setting holder


Hope some of these ideas will be helpful for you for the holidays and other parties thoughout the year!.

Thanks so much for stopping by,
~Karen~

Pin It

8 comments:

  1. That burlap was quite a find and it was such a good idea to use it the way you did!! You're so full of ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Clever! I'll be adding this idea to my table this year - thank you. Such a nice finishing touch!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a creative idea. I hope you'll share it by linking up in one of my #CreativeGoodness linky parties (different themes each week).

    SewCalGal
    www.sewcalgal.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are so clever. I love all your ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great idea, this should also work with wider wire edged ribbon? Do you think?
    Judy

    ReplyDelete
  6. So Pretty such a clever idea and what a bargain buy

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment...I just love hearing from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails