Monday, September 22, 2014

Closet Makeover…Perfect for Scrapbooking

Hi everyone! Two years ago I painted my daughter Courtney's room from her favorite hot pink when she was younger to a more neutral gray that she likes now as an adult.

Here's the before…

scrapbooking closet

and after…

scrapbooking closet

The sad part now is…she moved into her own apartment.

The closet is empty, I can finally paint the inside to cover the last of the hot pink!

I've kept the room as a bedroom for when they come back to visit or for guests, but I am utilizing the closet to keep ALL of the memorabilia things I have saved for years and years. All the souvenirs, tickets stubs, vacation memories, school souvenirs and so much more.

scrapbooking closet

Come in to see if you can do something similar in your home…

To start, I removed a lower shelf to make more room.

scrapbooking closet

Then paint, paint, paint.

scrapbooking closet

Done! It wasn't as bad as painting the whole room.

scrapbooking closet

Then I loaded it up with Closet Maid organizers that I had in different closets throughout the house and in the basement.

These are great, inexpensive and you can assemble them yourself. I bought most of mine at Walmart or Home Depot.

scrapbooking closet

I collected bins and boxes to store all the memory things until I have a chance to scrapbook and start a memory book for everyone.

scrapbooking closet

These little corner units worked great for a clothes closet, but for this scrapbooking closet I used them on the top shelf laying down.

scrapbooking closet

When they are laying down, it's perfect for books and photo albums.

scrapbooking closet

The books stand up nicely with the center supports.

scrapbooking closet

The other units hold bags of souvenirs ready to be put into books.

scrapbooking closet

Each bags hold all the stuff and is dated to keep things in order.

scrapbooking closet

Boxes keep things organized too.

scrapbooking closet

My big project is to scan ALL my photos. I organized them and used shoe bags to keep them in order as I scan them year by year.

scrapbooking closet


scrapbooking closet

The top shelf is also a great place to display all the ceramics the kids painted when they were little. Makes my heart sad that they are all grown up.

scrapbooking closet

I bought a scanner and this is a great place to start that project.

I used a folding bistro set from our back yard patio.

scrapbooking closet

I can scan away and watch tv while I'm doing it, but when I'm done, I just fold up the set and put it away.

scrapbooking closet

It's hidden and out of the way.

scrapbooking closet

Guest staying over will never know I have a scrapbooking office in there!!

scrapbooking closet

Hope you enjoyed the little tour of my new revamped closet!

Happy organizing,
~Karen~

Pin It

17 comments:

  1. So many good ideas here - I love it! My wheels are turning. I have a video tape project that I need to get on disk. If everything was ready and organized like this it might actually be fun to work on!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOWSERS!!!! What a great idea of how to do this!!!

    It is a bit sad when they leave home...but this little space will make for fun memories!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great idea. I will keep it in my 'memory bank' for future plans. Right now every closet has been in use but I have a large walk in that is needing organization. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The hardest part for me in setting up a closet for something other than clothes, is what size storage shelves, drawers, bins, etc to maximize the space for my stuff. Your idea of adding the folding table & chair is fantastic! Now there's no excuse to not work on an overwhelming project. You're brilliant Karen!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am trying to find smart ways to make more space in my apartment. Thank you for sharing, great work.

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW! I thought I was pretty organized but you put my efforts to shame.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is incredible! I don't have a spare closet to work with, but if I did I would copy this idea in a heartbeat. You amaze me!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very nice! Thanks for all the wonderful ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow! As usual, you have come up with so many organizing ideas! You have me thinking of doing a bit of rearranging too. Thank you for the great ideas! Enjoy your creative day!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Brilliant idea!!!!! Looks perfect!!!!!! Wish I had a spare closet!!!!!!!! Have a happy crafty week!!!
    Love
    AMarie xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great idea! I have so many pictures that also need scanning. What brand of scanner are you using?

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great ideas.
    I love your organization ideas.
    I am back on your mailing list. Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  13. I just can't get over how organized you are! If I were only half as organized as you, no telling what I could accomplish! Thanks for the great ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow, what an awesome organized closet!! Wish I could hire you!! I want to be like you but just don't get how to do it. I guess a trip to HD or WM will help me...thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Please tell me where the corner shelves are from?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment...I just love hearing from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails