Tuesday, August 26, 2014

Tips to Organize Electronics and Chargers While Traveling...

We all have electronics…smart phones, tablets, computers, cameras, kid's gaming devices etc. Keeping them organized at home is one thing, but wrangling them for traveling is another. We drove to Florida and moved Kelsie in to work at Disney. Hotels were our home for 10 days, so I wanted to share a few things I did and learned to organize all the "stuff".

These were a few things. You might have different devices, but the tips will work for anything.

electronic charger organization

Simple things to make your travels go a little smoother…

I used an old fanny pack to keep things organized and in one place, but cosmetic or toiletry bags will work too.

electronic charger organization

This type of bag has lots of little pockets that are great for organizing. Toiletry bags also have hangers…great to keep up on the back of a door.

electronic charger organization

They hold so much in all those pockets.

electronic charger organization

I also used a padded eyeglass case for individual cords and ear buds to keep in my purse.

electronic charger organization

Organized and ready to use when we were away from the hotel.

electronic charger organization

These 2 little chargers were awesome too. Highly recommend anything of this type.

electronic charger organization

I call the black one a lipstick charger. It's small and round like a lipstick tube. This one uses 2 AA batteries and gives you that boost to charge your phone when you are down to that last 1%. You will need a usb wire for your phone for this though.

electronic charger organization

This charger gets power from your main computer through the usb port not batteries.  Then it just plugs directly into your iphone or iPad. Very convenient and small enough to hang from your key chain.

electronic charger organization

This tip my TOP PICK to take with you on your vacation…a power strip.

Hotel outlets are not only few and far between, but they are usually in crazy spots like behind the night stand, on the lamp base or underneath that little dining table. When you finally get back to your hotel room at night, everyone is trying to charge things at the same time, so a power strip (or even 2 of them) is essential.

Don't leave home without it!!!

electronic charger organization

Here's a tip if you are staying in a hotel and your vacation involves water or water rides in an amusement park. In Disney, we only had one day to go to a park. After we moved Kelsie in and she finished all her employment obligations, that one park had to be Magic Kingdom. First ride…Splash Mountain. I usually have small zip lock bags with me so we can store all our phones or cameras, but forgot to bring them this time.

What to grab from the hotel room? The plastic bag from the ice bucket!!

electronic charger organization

Perfect size.

electronic charger organization

Just slip in your phones and or cameras…

electronic charger organization

Roll it up and tuck it in your bag. All your electronics will stay dry and protected!!

electronic charger organization

Edit…another great addition to your travel case was shared by Lin from Lin's Quilts in the comments section. She always brings an extension cord. Great for that one hotel outlet behind the night stand to reach your phone, computer etc. Thanks Lin!!

Hope these tips will help you when you're out and about…Happy Travels!!

~Karen~

Pin It

11 comments:

  1. It is really important to take a power strip if you have sleep apnea and use a CPAP machine. My husband and I both have machines and there are never outlets near both sides of the bed! Make sure at least one strip has a long cord. We have had to make sure to plug into two different breakers to avoid tripping at one condo we rented.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was just thinking this while reading the post. My husband has sleep apnea and half the time there is a struggle to figure out which outlet will be best used for his machine. What do we unplug? Will the cord reach? Most often, the lamp on one side gets unplugged just so that there is a free outlet by the bed!

      Delete
  2. We travel from the UK to holiday in the US every year - we have friends we stay with or meet in various places. As clothes and fabric, especially fabric is so much cheaper in the US, I always take a couple of vacuum pack bags, but they are cheap enough if I need more. I find that its the bulk, not the weight that usually causes me packing problems, so putting laundry etc in a vacuum bag really helps.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't know why I never thought of the power strip when every vacation has ended with me doing some type of Yoga pose to get my plugs into an outlet! :D Note to self for future trips!

    Wendy // Fashionable Heart

    ReplyDelete
  4. what is the one that goes from computer to iPad/phone called?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love all your useful info :) thank you. What hotel did you stay at while at disney world & how did you like it?? :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Brilliant! I never even thought about a solution, I just deal with it. I like your ideas MUCH better! Thanks!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I always keep an extension cord right in the bag with my CPAP. Why don't motels/hotels think of this??? I guess they don't use CPAPs

    ReplyDelete
  8. Aw...taking a power strip...GENIUS! Thank you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi, I'm reading your blog for the first time! Love your many tips! Bringing a power strip (or 2) for all chargers means they won't be left behind either! Cool!

    ReplyDelete
  10. We stayed in a hotel in CO last month and they had ear plugs on each beds pillow. I was surprised, that is till I heard the trains. So I went and purchased a whole bunch of ear plugs and put in my makeup travel kit. Now the next thing will be an extension cord. I don't know how many times we have had to decide do we want lights or alarms. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment...I just love hearing from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails