Saturday, August 30, 2014

Mini Frame Christmas Tree…A True Family Tree

I know {{GASP}}…I said Christmas. It's not even September and I'm thinking about decorating for the holidays. Well, to be honest, I think about Christmas all year long. If I see something during my shopping travels that inspires me for a Christmas tree theme, I snap it up. You have to jump on your first instinct when you see something. If you don't, it will be gone.

I found these little beauties in Michael's Craft store for $1.50 each. They hold pictures 2.4" x 2.4" or 2"x3". Perfect little size to fill a tree.

picture frame Christmas tree

My thoughts for a theme tree? Wait, listen for it…Silver and Gold, Silver and Gold. Can't you hear Burl Ives singing it now!

I just love the look of the antique silver and gold frames. I am going to print pictures of the whole family in black and white and fill the tree with the frames, silver and gold ornaments and other bits and bobs.

The frames in Michael's came in four different styles in each cold.

picture frame Christmas tree

I couldn't resist, so I bought them all. I had a coupon for 20% off the entire order and I also had a gift certificate.

picture frame Christmas tree

I obviously, don't have the tree up and decorated to show you (that would scare you to death if I had it up in August, lol), but I'm sharing the idea with you today so that you can start collecting frames for your own tree.

If you already have smaller frames, you can spray paint them all one color or in the silver and gold theme too.

It's a true "Family Tree" with all your loved ones on your Christmas tree.

Hope this inspired you for this upcoming holiday season. For more ideas you can click HERE for my Christmas Home Tours I've shared over the years.

Thanks for stopping by,
~Karen~

Pin It

4 comments:

  1. There's someone in the street next to me that puts their tree up in the first week of September every year. I have no idea why and the house gets more and more decorated as the months go on xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is good to get things when you see them if you have something in mind, otherwise when you go looking you can never find them! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great idea!! I might just have to steal it. LOL I have a tree that I leave up all year round and decorate for the seasons. This would be great for any "off" seasons.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I starteda similar idea a few years ago but am having an extremely hard time finding mini frames. What section of Michaels did you find these in?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment...I just love hearing from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails