Monday, December 30, 2013

Recycled Christmas Cards…Canning Jar Card

Hi everyone! Thought I would a have a week full of ideas for recycling Christmas cards. We all receive so many beautiful and thoughtful Christmas cards each year, it's a shame to throw them away. I keep them in a large storage container and during the winter months I try to make different crafts with them.

Today's project is a quick and easy one to decorate the tops of canning jar lids. I love using canning jar to give gifts of food during the holidays and throughout the year. The jars come in so many different sizes, it's perfect for food or beverages. I make homemade Irish Cream for gifts and canning jars are the best!!

Here is the decorative top for a gift of homemade caramel popcorn…

canning jar card

Come on in for easy instructions…

I save all the cards I receive and I also buy boxes of cards in the clearance section after the holidays. Love the 75%-90% off!!  Great at the dollar stores too.

canning jar card

Select the card that has easy to define designs, like this snowflake.

canning jar card

You could use the top of the canning jar to trace the circle, cut you really can't see the design to center it correctly.

canning jar card

I trace the lid on a piece of sturdy clear plastic. This was an old notebook divider.

canning jar card

Trace and cut out the circle and use it over and over again.

canning jar card

 Just place the clear circle over the design on the card…

canning jar card

Trace…

canning jar card

and cut out!

canning jar card

Place the metal lid on the can first.

canning jar card

Then add the card. You can write a little note on the back of the card too…like a built in gift tag.

canning jar card

Screw on the ring.

canning jar card

Add a ribbon.

canning jar card

Your gift is good to go and the gift tag is safe and sound under the lid!!

canning jar card

Stay tuned for ideas all week long for more recycled Christmas card ideas!!

Thanks for stopping by,
~Karen~

Pin It

10 comments:

  1. You are so clever!! I love this. I'm going to look at my Christmas cards right now!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How funny! Happy New Year from Norway.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cute, now to find a bin to put my cards in!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I love ths! I usually cut up my cards each yep ear to use as tags the next year. Never thought about this. Made lavender jelly this year for everyone. This would have been perfect!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. A great reduce reuse recycle project for all ages......thank you Karen!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fun and easy project. Thanks! Happy New Year Karen.

    ReplyDelete
  7. How adorable! Great way to recycle Christmas cards.

    Zoe
    http://thatszoe.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. simple and sweet! a good TV-watching project.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Karen, Clever idea!!!! I have filed this for next Christmas!!! Happy new year and may this year be everything you want it to be!!!!
    Love
    AMarie

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment...I just love hearing from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails