Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Tool Time Tuesday...Funnel Scissor Holder

Hi everyone! Today's Tool Time is a quick fix for the "lost scissor syndrome". You know what that is, right? The constant search for your scissors under piles of fabric or somewhere near your sewing machine or underneath books and junk on your work table.

Well, here's an easy solution...an automotive funnel and it was only 97 cents!! I bought mine at Walmart in the automotive section.

funnel scissor holder

This particular funnel is a long skinny funnel. Perfect for scissors!!

Even comes with a built in hook.

funnel scissor holder

It's the long and skinny kind to reach into parts of engines with automotive fluids.

funnel scissor holder

I know it's orange, but I love it. Adds a pop of color!!

funnel scissor holder

Here is a real pile of fabric I'm using for this month's Block of the Month Club. I finished the 3rd block on Sunday, so I'll share it this week.

funnel scissor holder

This is seriously where the scissors were and I have a mug tree that holds all my scissors right at the back of my cutting table.

funnel scissor holder

Here's the funnel fix!!

Add a 3M stick up hook where you use your scissors the most and where it will have easy access.

funnel scissor holder

Then just hang the funnel!

funnel scissor holder

Scissors always where you can find them, out from underneath the mess.

funnel scissor holder

Any scissor will fit.

funnel scissor holder

Perfect near your sewing machine too!!

funnel scissor holder

This was an easy, cheap and great way to keep track of the one thing we keep losing!! Scissors.

I have also seen funnels used to hold balls of string and the end of the string comes out the funnel tip!

I also bought one of these years ago for another post...a Snowman Kit. You can use this orange funnel for the snowman's nose!! Click HERE if you want to see the kit.

Hope you have a great day,
~Karen~

Pin It

27 comments:

  1. Brilliant! (Both the idea and the color.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Couldn't figure out how to post without replying to your comment.
      Great idea! I did not use a cheap way, but...found on ebay a wall pocket that was decorated with scissors and ball of string and held scissors. Cute!!!

      Delete
  2. Adorei esta ideia.Vivo neste dilema...até agora.Obrigada por compartilhar.Abraços.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great tool organizational tip.

    SewCalGal
    www.sewcalgal.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi There, It's amazing how you manage to come up with a brilliant idea each week!!!! How do you do it??!!!
    Love
    AMarie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Очень надежное, безопасное и заметное решение! Браво!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Brilliant idea! Also love the idea of using it as a string holder! Christine
    - ChrisW Designs

    ReplyDelete
  7. Isn't it funny –– the simplest ideas have the most impact. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great idea! I could use a funnel scissor holder in every room of my house.... We can never find the scissors around here!
    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great Idea, love it. Will certainly do this next to my sewing machine. Another idea is 'S' hooks. I have a wire shelf above my cutting table and hang the hooks from there, at the back, it is sew easy, as they are always at hand too, and not hiding under folds of fabric. Keep up the wonderful tips.

    ReplyDelete
  10. How Simple yet how creatively functional. Thank you so much for everything you share.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Get ideal...I keep mines in a nice toothbrush container :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. So cleaver. How do you do it? I walk through a store & never picture something like that. I guess I'm stuck "inside" the box & not thinking "outside". Keep those tips coming.

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a great idea! How do you come up with all of these ideas all the time! Thanks for sharing with us. :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. great idea. I'm not a quilter, but I find myself trying out your quilt blocks - you explain them so well! Looking forward to the next one!

    ReplyDelete
  15. You always such great ideas, this one is one of them

    ReplyDelete
  16. Smart! The only problem at my house would be the easy access children would have to the scissors if I hang them low on the table the way you have....love the idea though.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Haha, orange is great till you're a little tired and looking all over creation for your Fisker scissors, and they're in the cool orange holder, but you still don't see them. Love your Tool Time posts, I would love to hit the hardware store with you some time, it would be a hoot!

    ReplyDelete
  18. What is wrong with orange? It not only matches your scissors, but it is one of my favorite colors. Orange is motivational and (my other favorite color) blue is calming. Love the idea! THANKS for the fun and practical posts!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi Karen...I love the table top your sewing machine is sitting on in the last picture. Did you decoupage that? I love the print.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Once again you have come up with brilliance. I am going to hook one on the end of of ironing board that holds the iron. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Awesomeness! You know you could wrap it in Washi tape and it would all jazzed up.

    Hugs,
    Vicki

    ReplyDelete
  22. What a great idea! Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment...I just love hearing from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails