Thursday, April 11, 2013

Thrifty Thursday...Divided Food Containers To Organize More Than Food

Today's thrifty tip is to use all those plastic food containers that we have stored in the basement or waaayyy in the back of the kitchen cabinet. You know those divided plastic Tupperware containers that we only use for picnics and parties. Well, get them out!!

If you don't have any of these food organizers at home, I've seen them at thrift stores or yard sales cheap, cheap!!

I think people get rid of them, because they only use them once or twice a year.

food tray organizer

Let's use them all year long in the kitchen and out!!

These food organizers are great for condiments (ketchup, mustard, relish, onions) for picnics, or ice cream party toppings, baked potato toppings, all the ingredients to make tacos etc.

food tray organizer

However, you know me!! They are also great for crafting too!!

food tray organizer

You can take all your sewing supplies with you to a class-retreat. This particular container is thin and can be easily packed with all your stuff.

It's also perfect to keep next to you and your comfy chair when hand sewing or embroidering.

food tray organizer

There are so many different styles of divided food containers, so find the one that will work best for you.

These divided food trays are great for so many other uses too and the plastic cover snaps on and keeps things safe and sound...

  • beading
  • scrap booking supplies
  • office supplies
  • kid's small toys and all their little collections...rocks, shells etc
  • hair accessories
  • jewelry
  • nails, screws, tacks
  • nail polish and all the goodies for a manicure
  • make-up

Happy Organizing,
~Karen~


Pin It

11 comments:

  1. Hi There, I do have one of those but before I even had the privilege to use it myself, horror upon horror does my husband not "steal" it for his workshop!!! So even he saw the amazing potential of a tupperware snack tray!!!
    HeHe Funny man!!!
    Love
    AMarie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! I stole my hubbies fishing tackle box for my smaller bag making hardware.....LOVE it! LOL Christine
      - ChrisW Designs

      Delete
  2. I did have one of these many years ago, I used it for "left overs" storage in the fridge until I caught my husband and son filling the sections with different colours of maggots for a fishing trip.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hahaha you brought me old memories of my mom some 30 years ago always screaming when she found my night crawlers in the fridge the night before I went fishing.

      Delete
  3. Thanks for the helpful hint!It's great to think outside of the box!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes! What a great tip! Thanks for sharing.

    Wishing you a lovely day!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. I LOVE vintage Tupperware (yep, the green/gold/brown/orange era) and am always picking it up at Goodwill =)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the left over storage idea!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I got one of these divided storage thingies as a wedding gift (17 years ago) and have maybe used it twice. Can't wait to dig it out!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love using these at my preschool. We put crayons in each section divided by color. No more spending good coloring time looking for the missing black crayon. Love you blog !!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment...I just love hearing from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails