Thursday, April 25, 2013

Thrifty Thursday...Olive Oil Soap Dispenser

Hi everyone! Welcome to another Thrifty Thursday. I have a few thrifty finds today, but the main one is a liquid dish soap dispenser.

We had a recent kitchen remodel and the island is in the center of our home, open to every room. I've tried to find things to use around the sink that are "pretty" since the front door is not too far away and the kitchen is the first thing you see.

Here is the liquid soap dispenser. I found it in the kitchen section of Walmart for $4.00

soap dispenser

It's an olive oil dispenser. It's a glass bottle with the dispensing tip.

My neurotic OCD goal would be to use up all the green, then the orange soap I have left and use a clear soap in this bottle. I know...crazy, but I guess it's all in the details Lol !!

soap dispenser

It has a slower drizzle which I like...not too much soap all at once, especially with the soaps that are concentrated now. You don't need too much of it.

I think you can just buy the tip, so you can add it to any pretty bottle of your own. Maybe a wine bottle or something similar.

soap dispenser

I also wanted to share the other thrifty finds in this picture.

soap dispenser

The white porcelain cake plate was in the clearance rack of Marshall's / Home Goods for $6.00.

The lemons are the best deal for me!!! They're not real. I couldn't see myself buying real lemons all the time just for a decoration.  I don't use lemons enough to justify buying them fresh and have them rot on the counter.

These lemons are from the Dollar Tree!! Well worth it, because they look so real...the texture on the skin and the color. Every single person who comes into the house thinks they're real.

soap dispenser

The cake plate is one that you may have seen in stores. It comes with a ribbon that runs through the slots on the rim. I just took the ribbon out!

soap dispenser

The white plant pot is from the thrift store or a consignment shop...can't remember. I do remember it was only $1.50.

It's plastic, but looks like porcelain. Never turn down something that's plastic...I go for the shape or style of the item.

soap dispenser

Here is a Thrifting Tip...

When you're out thrifting at consignment shops or yard sales, have a list of things you need or want for your home or family...even the simplest of things like a pot for a plant. Have measurements, colors, sizes etc. Really helps when you come across that "great find" and you know it will be a perfect fit.

This list may not be a high priority list, but when you can get something for a $1.50 instead of paying full price...all the better.

Happy Thrifting,
~Karen~

Pin It

16 comments:

  1. Some awesome ideas! I love using the olive oil bottle for soap - whatever the color! Thanks!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the idea for the soap dispenser!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been using an oil bottle for soap for years! The reason? True story....my ex-DH and I split in 1999 because he acquired a new girlfriend (who happened to be my ex-bestie). Her name was/is Dawn and I couldn't stand the thought of looking at her name everytime I looked at my kitchen sink. So, one day in Pier One, I saw an oil bottle and I nabbed it. I still use it today! The girlfriend has changed, but not the ex-DH.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super cute finds. I love the white and the lemons are super cute. I'll have to check the Dollar Store for them next time I'm out and about. My sister has a similar setup for her dish soap and I always thought it was such a cute idea. Happy almost Friday! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have one of those bottles for my dish soap, but it kept getting gooped up (is that a word, lol?) with soap. I relegated it back to olive oil duty and made a pump jar from a canning jar and plastic pumper thingie from a lotion bottle.

    Now that I think about it though, if I slightly diluted the dish soap to a thinner consistency, it would probably work better in the oil jar, and extend the soap (I have a bad habit of using about twice as much soap as necessary).

    Patty

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've actually seen olive oil dispensers at the dollar tree.
    Your kitchen island looks so pretty. Im going to check out the fake fruit next time im at the Dollar stores, and i always enjoy going to thrift stores and flea markets, you never know what goodies you may find.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Pretty! My kithcen counters are never clutter-free enough to display cute things. Plus "stuff" drives my husband nuts. He is a minimalist. ;) I will have to live vicariously through your cute kitchen.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Everything looks so nice. Now all I need to do is get an island for my kitchen! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have a similar olive oil dispenser from BB&B I think, two of them go together.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great post. Such a nice clean looking kitchen. Love the way you have those lemons on the cake plate. The soap bottle is a great idea. I'm the same way, I like things pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a great idea! Am going to try this - will look much prettier than a plastic soap bottle :) buttonsandpaint.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love the idea of fake lemons. Years ago you could tell when fruit was fake but today they make them look so real. And the yellow colour is lovely. Sue

    ReplyDelete
  13. You might like to know that there is a wine that comes in a fish-shaped bottle. I have my dishwashing soap in one of those. Sorry, but I cannot recall the brand. If interested you might check at your local liquor store. Enjoy the wine and recycle/repurpose the bottle by using that topper thingie.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love all you neat ideas Karen :) Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  15. One word of warning, make sure your soap is not yellow. My mom had one sitting by her sink and in the middle of a dinner party I grabbed that bottle instead of the olive oil to drizzle over the pasta. Oh yes I did.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment...I just love hearing from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails