Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Tool Time Tuesday...Cell Phone Strap

Hi everyone. Today's project is very easy, but may not be for everyone. It's a cell phone handle. Why? Well, it's easier to hold, it puts a little resistance on the back of my hand so I can freely use the phone with one hand without the fear of dropping it and I can use the Pinterest app while on the treadmill. Lol I'll explain that later!!


cell phone handle

The only thing you'll need is a piece of ribbon and your cell phone case.

cell phone handle


The only thing I CAUTION is make sure your cell phone case snaps in and is secure to the phone. That way the ribbon stays where it needs to.

Don't depend on this 100% either. It's just for ease of texting or using apps with one hand. It's not a "handle" to carry the phone around Lol

cell phone handle

First step is to measure the strip of ribbon.

cell phone handle

Fit it to the size of your hand.

cell phone handle

Slip it off the phone and sew a few machine stitches to secure.

cell phone handle

Slip it back on the phone.

cell phone handle

Then snap your phone back in the case.

cell phone handle

Done!! Aren't these phone cases adorable...$5.00 for an iPhone 5 case is awesome. I bought them at a store called 5 Below. Not sure if they are all over the country, but everything in the store is $5.00 and below!

cell phone handle

My hand slips under the ribbon to keep my phone secure.

cell phone handle

I also bought a glittery silver case!!

cell phone handle


cell phone handle


cell phone handle

This is why I started this whole ribbon handle thing...Pinterest.

When I'm walking on the treadmill at the gym, I can hold onto the handle of the treadmill for security and pin with my other hand. It's my incentive to walk!!

Because the ribbon is there, I know the phone won't fall out of my hand and the tension on the back of my hand is perfect for texting, emailing and pinning with my thumb

cell phone handle

I know what you're thinking...but I am holding onto the treadmill bar as I'm walking, so there's no danger. Just don't try this on your own without practice first. Lol

cell phone handle

Happy Tuesday,
~Karen~

Pin It

14 comments:

  1. That seems to be so practical!!!
    Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this. What a clever idea!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Karen, you always amaze me with your ideas, talents and creations.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a really neat idea! And we have the 5 Below stores here in southern NJ. We love that store, lol

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great idea! I saw a news report the other day about iPhone thieves stealing phones out of people's hands while they were busy talking/texting and wanted to find a way to create a safeguard against that and this fits the bill! Thank you for posting!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You have a way with words. Excellent work!
    Wedding Dress

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great idea!!! And adorable! I'll definitely be trying this one out, thanks :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for this, I've now added them to my blog, they look so cute !

    Thank you !
    xEva

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sorry !! My comment was meant for the Email button post.
    Oooops !!
    xEva

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ahh, I love perfect timing! I just picked up my new iPhone 4s yesterday and I can't wait to go ribbon shopping to coordinate it with my new cell phone case! Thanks for always being a creative inspiration!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love this idea and I always wish my phone had a strap. But my camera lens is right in the middle. :(

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wireless Headset, this is amazing headset made the plantronics, simple and best performance in a very short budget, excellent voice, no distortion, no noise.
    Wireless Headset

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment...I just love hearing from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails