Monday, February 25, 2013

Blogging Tip...Adding Email Button

Hi Everyone. This week's blogging tip is an easy one, but oh so important. Today, I'll explain how to add an email button to your blog. Having an email button easily accessible on your blog is the best way to make connections in the blogging world.

It's also important to have it on your blog if your blogger profile is set to "No Reply". If you are no sure what No Reply means or if your are one...click HERE to read more.




Today's tutorial is really what to type in the link for an email button. I have to thank Adrienne from the blog Black White Color for helping me with this. She had emailed me to thank me for the Social Media Button tutorial and asked me to stop by and see her new buttons. They are too cute!!

I emailed her back and asked what she typed in the html code for the email address. She was so helpful. This is why I love blogging!! Everyone is so willing to help and share what they know! Thank you so much Adrienne for sharing.


Before I share the correct link for an email button, let's start with what social media buttons and email buttons look like...


Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket 
Photobucket  Photobucket 



I did a tutorial for making and adding social media buttons a few months ago. Click HERE for the tutorial for adding the button or buttons to your blog.

All the buttons will have the individual address of the sites you want to link to...like Facebook, Pinterest etc.

Well, an email address doesn't have a "site" address, so you will be typing in your email address that looks like the example below, where it says WebsiteAddressHere in the other tutorial.

Type in...

mailto:then your  email address with no spaces

Example with my address...

mailto:sewmanyways@gmail.com


Follow all the instructions from the social media button post to actually add the buttons and compose the full html code. Again, click HERE for that.

Hope this helps. Thanks Adrienne for helping!!

Happy Blogging,
~Karen~

Pin It

29 comments:

  1. Hi Karen,

    Thankyou so much for this tutorial, I have wanted to do this for ages, however I am having a problem finding the link for the google plus button. I installed the google plus button a while ago and I have forgotten how I did that! lol Please could you give me tips to find the code to put on the new button?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for posting this! I wasn't sure how to do the email button either.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Karen for being so generous with your blogging knowledge. I so want to make use of it in the near future as time allows. You're the best!
    P.S. Is it possible for you to add name/url to your comment choices?

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's funny you should do this post. When I was adding your buttons, I got to the email part and thought, well what in the heck do I type here?! I ended up using the address to my Contact Me page, which has my email address, but this is a great alternative.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi, I know this is off the topic but I would like some advise on how to put together a collage for the header on my blog. I am still very new to this blogging thing, but I enjoy it immensely!!! Still have a VERY SAD spot on my blog with no followers but I tell myself to just be patient about it. I have learned so much from your blog!!!!Thank you!!
    Love
    AMarie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for this post, there are several things I have to learn to do for my blog, and with this tutorial I learned a lot, thanks. I hope you do not mind I pinned your tutorial, because I find it very useful and well explained, something I have to try to make!!!
    Marisa from
    http://passionetcouture.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
  7. The only real problem with doing this is that you are posting your email address on the web--making it super easy to be harvested by spammers and spambots. Posting your email address online is the best way to invite tons of spam into your inbox, or to cause someone to "spoof" your email address (sending out TONS of emails and making it look like they are coming from your email address--even though they're not). Just something to think about.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I already had the Facebook, Instagram, and Pinterest buttons; but this tutorial made adding the email button so easy! Thanks for posting! Hope you have a great evening!

    Danielle
    SewMuchCrafting.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. You're so sweet! I'm so glad I could help you out! Some people have stopping by my page from this post. I really appreciate it!
    Adrienne

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you for the email reply and thanks for this tutorial! I agree, people are very nice and helpful in the WWW :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you!!! So excited to finally find information on this. I've been trying all sorts of stuff on my own. Thank you!

    Stephanie at magnoliacoasts.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank you!!! So excited to finally find information on this. I've been trying all sorts of stuff on my own. Thank you!

    Stephanie at magnoliacoasts.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thank you so much for this really clear guidance I've tried unsucessfully to do this before but now I'm finally up and running, thank you :-)

    ReplyDelete
  14. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  15. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  16. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hello! Thank for your steps...but I am STILL having trouble...help!?
    Lindsey @ tinyinklings.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. Thank you SO much! Gemma from Pretty Bobbins directed me to your tutorials and I now have a full set of social media buttons AND an email button - and for my technologically challenged self - that is pretty bloody impressive!!! Can't thank you enough! xx

    ReplyDelete
  19. Great advice!!!!

    Easy to understand and helped me straight away :)

    Thanks

    Jessica Wanderlust
    jessicawanderlusts.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. This is perfect thanks!

    http://ramblingofabeautyblogger.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  21. Just completed this! Thank you, I didn't trust it would work, but it did! Thank you for making it as simple as it gets...

    -Liz

    ReplyDelete
  22. thank you so much........ it is really helpful, and you make everything so easy. :]

    ReplyDelete
  23. thank you so much for your useful posts about adding buttons...stay blessed! :)

    ReplyDelete
  24. thank you very much. I love your post about blogging tips

    ReplyDelete
  25. this was the simplest instructions ever! thank you so much!

    http://louboutinsandlove.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  26. Thanks so much both really useful posts! I have successfully added buttons to my site!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Thank you !! it was clear & it worked !! brillant !

    ReplyDelete
  28. Thank you so much!! X

    www.bicyclestograpefruit.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment...I just love hearing from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails