Here are some before and after pictures for you. I know what you're saying...I don't live in a waiting room, how would these help me in my own home. The answer....paint. Well, paint and all new furniture, but paint is big.
Here's the before...forgot to take a picture of it with all the old furniture, but it was just tired.
Here's the after...looking in the same corner
These are some of the specifics. FYI...you have to put all this furniture together yourself!
- 2 club chairs from Target...2 pack for $300. Color espresso
- dining room chairs...2 pack for $160. Color espresso
- rug form Ikea...$149
- coffee table from Target...$140. Color dark espresso
- round side table...TJ Maxx for $80
2 Kids ottomans...Target $100. I know, but so cute!! and I just love it when I see a little one sitting on them.
Kid's Toy Corner...
Small shelf...Target for $70.
- Wire baskets form Marshall's and TJ Maxx for $8.00 each, but they were all different colors, so I spray painted them silver to match the lamps. Added electrical light covers as name plates for what toys are in the baskets.
- sewed the fabric basket liners to match the lampshades (also from Target)
Found the matching fabric in the kitchen section as a table cloth!!
Here's a before of the red trim :(
Painting tip...PRIME, PRIME, PRIME.
The gray paint is Benjamin Moore called Nimbus Gray. LOVE IT!!
This is the door after.
The valance was an easy project...tutorial to follow soon.
Just fabric sewn with a lining and then stapled to a 1" x 2" board.
then mounted above the window with "L" bracket.
Old pillows covered with more tablecloth fabric.
Lamp from Walmart...shade from Target.
Hope you enjoyed the little tour.
Maybe some of these tips can be used in your home too.
I also did a second waiting room in our other office. I'll post that next week.
Coming soon...2 tutorials on how to make the valance and also how to sew long, lined drapes.
Thanks for stopping by,