Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Tool Time Tuesday...Father's Day Gift Wrap

Father's Day this year is Sunday, June 17th.

No matter what dads receive for Father's Day, the gift wrap is probably the last thing on their mind...unless it looks like this!



A useful apron from Home Depot (or any hardware store), brown craft paper, paint chips and ribbon or string.


"Brown paper packages tied up with string...these are a few of my favorite things."

I know you're singing it your head right now!! Lol


Just tuck the presents into the apron...


and fold the apron in half...you will use the strings to tie it up.


To make a free quick card, I used paint chips that I've saved after we've had a painting project and stick on letters.


Have the kids make the card and they can sign it on the bottom color or on the back!


Use the apron strings to tie up the apron in half.


The apron can fit two or more packages on both sides.


Not bad for a 77 cent apron and a free paint chip!! Yes these aprons are 77 cents. Click HERE for a girlie version I made a long time ago


You know all Dads will love this!!

Have a great Tuesday,
~Karen~

Pin It

19 comments:

  1. Absolutely fab idea - not just for fathers day.
    Love, love, love the orange ribbon and using the paint chip for the tag
    Judy

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so darned cute...this would go with the Home Depot mini I made last year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely great idea...I like it.

    Send Gifts To Pakistan.
    You can contact
    Hank hendricks
    if you need help or information regarding the following areas of interest:
    • new ventures
    • business deals
    • reference requests
    • getting back in touch

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great idea. I can see it being useful for allsorts of celebrations.
    Ali x

    ReplyDelete
  5. this is very clever, thanks for the wonderful idea
    quilting dash lady at comcast dot net

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have one of those aprons.....it's what I wear at our garage sale, so I can make change and stash cash without leaving a 'cash drawer' somewhere! It's on me all day, and so is the money! No worries! lol

    Great idea for dad's gifts, and I love that paint chip tag! Perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is super cute, what a great packaging idea for a guy!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I really love this idea! There may be a serious increase in sales on those aprons at Home Depot :) Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a fabulous fabulous idea.....lets see, I have son in law andrew, husband frank, friend press and dan and mike......oh my!

    glen

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi,

    Giftbig offers you wide range of fathers Day gift cards, gift vouchers, gift certificates & e-voucher in India. Giftbig provides the perfect gift card and gift vouchers for father's day.

    Thanks & regards
    Giftbig Team

    ReplyDelete
  11. That's such a cute idea!


    I'm having a giveaway!
    http://imcraftingmyway.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete
  12. OMG! Love it. Always looking for more manly gift wrapping ideas for my man. :) Oh and LOVE the girlie version too. I'm gonna have to make myself one! I've got a gardening apron on my to do list and I could quickly cross it off. :) My husband loves the comics from the Sunday paper and I like to wrap his presents with that but it can leave ink on your fingers. Karen you're so smart thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love it! Keep coming up with these awesome ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh I'm in love with this idea!!! Don't mind me if I steal it for father's day, thanks so much for sharing! Xoxo Claudia www.deliciousspaces.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. I know many a dad that would love this for Father's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Simple, colorful, useful and FUN!
    Another great idea.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment...I just love hearing from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails