When I learn something new, I want to share it with you. I know most of you will know a lot of this information, but there might be something new for you to learn too!!
Most all of Blogger users will be using the post editor in the picture below. We seem to stick to what we know and do all the time and never venture from the norm. Well, I am here to get you out of your comfort zone and step outside the box.
Usually I am saying "think" outside the box...now I'm saying "step" outside the box. Either way, don't "box" yourself in, in the creativity department. Ok, I'll stop saying box now! Lol
This is the post editor on Blogger...this is my interpretation of each feature. If someone knows more, please share in the comment section.
The one that was NEW to me is the one that looks like a broken piece of paper. If you scroll your mouse over each one, it gives you the name. It's called Jump Break. Yeah, that helped me. Lol What's a jump break? Now I know and shared below. Scared me for a while..if it looks "broken" or "ripped", I didn't want to touch it!
Features, from left-to-right: with a short explanation and "the look" of the item
- Undo...this will "remove" the very last thing you did
- Redo...this will "put back" the very last thing you did
- Font Style...drop down menu for different Fonts. Just high light what you want to look different and pick the different style. (see the word different is changed)
- Font Size...drop down menu for different sizes of your fonts.
- Bold....high light and click to bold the print
- Italic...high light and click to slant the word.
- Underline...high light the word or words to underline
- Strikethrough...high light to have a line going through a word. Great for when you're
funnycreative with your writing!
- Font Color...Drop down chart. High light the word or words and change the color.
- High lighter...Drop down chart. High light the word and then high light with color! Lol
- Link...high light the word or words that you want to be linked some where else (another web site) High light the word or words and click on the word Link and then add the URL address of the link.
- Picture...add a photo to your post
- Video...add a video clip to your post
- Jump Break...adds the "Read More" feature to your post. Gives the reader a little portion of the full article. Write your post. After the first few sentences (or where ever you want to end it) place the jump break in there. It will show on your post editor as "jump break", but in the actual post on your blog it will show the first few sentences and then say "READ MORE...". The your reader will have to click to finish reading your post.
- Justify...drop down menu for Left, Center, Right and Full Justify. High light the section or put your cursor in front of the section you want justified.
- Numbered List...this will number a list of the things for you 1, 2, 3 etc
- Bullet List...this post is an example of a bullet list!
- Block Quote...high light what you are going to be quoting. It just changes the placement of the phrase, like a block of words that is justified all by itself. See below, how it's separated from the rest of the post.
"To err is human...to forgive, divine". Alexander Pope
- Remove Formatting...I think this is if you are copying and pasting something, high light and it will remove the formatting that already exist from say Microsoft Word or something and convert it to plain text for your post
- Spell Checker...I use this EVERY time I write a post. When you are done with a post, bring the cursor up to the top of the post, click the ABC and it will high light all the incorrectly spelled words.
The only one I'm not sure of is the drop down box that says "Normal" between text size and the bold feature. It says Heading, Subheading, Minor Heading, Normal. I always feel "Normal", so I'll stick with that! I'm sure it's the set up of the post, but not sure. LOL
Hope this was helpful for all the new bloggers out there and even for us old timers too.
Have a great day,