Friday, July 1, 2011

Oven S'mores...Yummy

S'mores...ooey, gooey, yumminess. You don't need to have a campfire to make them though. We make them in the oven! I did a post on this a long time ago, but wanted to share it again...new products on the market!



Graham crackers, marshmallows and a chocolate bar is all you need.


They have graham crackers now that are square, so you don't have to break up the long ones.


They also have FLAT marshmallows! Woo Hoo!!


The flat ones are so easy when you make them in the oven. Less marshmallow than the big ones, but still great.


and of course chocolate.



I place the crackers on a cookie sheet and top each cracker with 2 pieces of chocolate and one marshmallow. This tray will make 10 s'mores.


Bake in a preheated 350 degree oven for about 5 minutes or until the chocolate is shiny and the marshmallows puff a little.

Puffy marshmallow...


Shiny chocolate...


Yummy treat anytime of the day or night!


You'll want to eat s'more of them if you make them this way. Give it a try. It's fast and easy and not so dangerous if you have little ones around a campfire that you're trying to keep track of.

Have a great day,
~Karen~

19 comments:

  1. You are KIDDING me! They finally figured out to make square grahams!!!! FINALLY!!! Now they need to make the packages in ziplock sealer bags that are easy to open and easy to close!! I am going to find those today. And the square marshmallows!!!! We were camping last week and the most divine S'mores by the campfire!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is very, very dangerous for me as I love smores, but never have them because a campfire has been needed! Oh dear! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I will have to look for those Stacker Marshmallows. Didn't know they existed. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Has anyone seen the new stacker marshmallows in California yet? I've checked so many grocery stores and no luck yet.

    ReplyDelete
  5. awesome...thank you much for sharing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think I need to go make some S'mores right now to celebrate the invention of the square marshmallows! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Square marshmellows ?!?

    My girls like to make them in the microwave in the winter :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great idea! Way better than that marshmellow falling in the fire 10 times before you get a good one!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Smores are so good in the summer. Burnt marshmellows are the best.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh My goodness! I am addicted S'mores! No joke! I have been thinking about one all night much like every night! A few weeks back I saw their JUMBO marshmallows on display at giant, I got a bag just because I am addicted. I knew I coulnt fit that thing in my mouth lol I must find these square ones. I think you have made my whole weekend! Thanks!! AHHH!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh for pete's sake, what's next? I love S'mores. I used to fix them by turning on a burner on gas stove and making them..Now I have electric - still works..haha I'll have to see if they have the flat marshmallows here, neat idea.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm personally not a fan of s'mores, but I have shared this recipe on my blog Quick and Easy Recipes.

    Have a great holiday weekend! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I have had that craving for s'mores for weeks now, but have had the worst allergies this year which has been keeping me inside more than I'd like to admit - so I made these the same way just last week! I have to look out for the flat marshmallows though!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hey guys! Remember August 12th is National S'more Day! Maybe we can all celebrate by making these S'mores on that day. Of course, who needed a National S'more Day or even a campfire to enjoy a S'more! We should all give thanks to the Campfire Girls organization for this bite of delight.

    ReplyDelete
  15. OOPPSS National S'more Day is on August 10th - sorry about that.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hey karen thanks for sharing....it's about time they come up with retanglar marshmellows, and flat too. I will be looking for those.

    ReplyDelete
  17. These look Awesome!! ~ Now I have to go buy some...lol

    ReplyDelete
  18. My kids LOVE S'mores!! We really cheat and make them in the microwave. They have been asking me to buy those square marshmallows. Maybe I will cave in and let them have a yummy Summer treat this weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love S'mores! I've never seen those flat marshmallows! Whoever came up with that idea is genious!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment...I just love hearing from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails