Thursday, August 5, 2010

Chocolate Peanut Butter Cupcakes...

I love blogging for many reasons...friendship and inspiration are the most important for me. I know many of you have experienced this too. I love all the friends I've made from every corner of the world. Every one of you has inspired me in some way...and I thank you!
space
I've made a wonderful new friend in the UK...her name is Wendy from The Quiet Room. Hi Wendy!! Do you remember a few weeks ago I shared a recipe for chocolate cupcakes with a cream cheese filling? (recipe here) They are so yummy you must try them if you haven't already. Well, Wendy emailed me and asked if she could substitute peanut butter for the cream cheese. I had never tried it, but it sounded delicious. She also said her favorite candy was Reese's peanut butter cups and maybe that would work too.
space
See, this is why I...LOVE BLOGGING...friends and inspiration!
space
So here you go!
space
Chocolate cake mix (I used Devil's Food...there has to be a story why they call it Devil's Food Cake) and the ingredients on the box to make it. Then a package of mini Reese's cups.




Make cake mix according to the package and fill cupcake paper with the batter. Remove all the papers from the Reese's cups and place one in each cupcake, before baking.




Bake according to the directions on your box or recipe.


Here's a little something I thought of to add to the "peanuty" flavor. Peanut Butter Frosting!




Add 2 heaping spoonfuls of creamy peanut butter to a jar of vanilla frosting. Just stir until mixed.


It is ridiculously good and easy!




Cool cakes before frosting.








Frost and then EAT!




Sorry this picture is blurring. I must have been shaking from all the chocolate I just ate. This is a picture of one cut in half to see the Reese's cup that sank to the bottom. That was the only issue. I was thinking about trying this recipe again and dusting the Reese's cups with a little of the dry cake mix before I mixed it. They say if you dust an added ingredients (like blueberries in muffin mix) they stay suspended in the finished product.



For the betterment of the world, I will have to just make this recipe again and see if I can get that Reese's cup to stay in the middle of the cupcake!
space
As a little side note about how delicious these were...I brought them to a family function and my father-in-law ate 3 of them and actually licked the cupcake paper!! Then he asked me how I made them.
space
Thanks to Wendy and her love of Reese's Cups, we have a new family favorite dessert. Pop over to Wendy's blog. It's just wonderful, you'll love your visit there. Thanks Wendy...love ya!
space
Happy Baking,
~Karen~

22 comments:

  1. Yum! I have recently subbed applesauce for the oil in a chocolate cake mix and it made it so moist.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Doubly decadent! I did make your cheesecake middle cupcakes for a family dinner the other night and they disappeared like the wind! Super yummy and tasted good even a couple of days later (I kept them covered with a linen towel). I would definitely make those again...and the new recipe too, though really the cupcakes are soooo sweet they did not need frosting, to me :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Chocolate attack....coming on.....right now....oh, no what will I do....it's late and there isn't any here!!!! You bugger!! See if I come back here!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my, oh my...these look as yummy as the others.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my these sound heavenly!! I'm going to bake some up for the weekend that's for sure :) Thanks for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What fun! Too bad we don't have Reese's here in Oz. But then, that's definitely good for my hips... and that's probably why it's called Devil's food - all that yummy chocolately goodness going on the hips! Certainly is worth experimenting with other little chocolately bites - like little caramel cups... hmmmm...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great idea, but bad because I'm the only one that would eat them :) I made the cream cheese ones earlier this week and they were a hit! Thanks, Karen!
    mariaegerard@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. God!!! I love chocolate and peanut butter. Wonder if you baked them about halfway then stuck on the peanut butter cup??? I want to try these.

    ReplyDelete
  9. It sounds so good!!!! Thanks for sharing. What am I going to do next summer???!!!! I don´t think the bathing suit will fit me after eating all these yummy stuff. I guess I will have to travel to the northern hemisphere (winter time up there) just to stay dressed and covered by many layers of clothes!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Tee Hee about your father in law... My mother in law loves the peanut butter/chocolate combination too so I may have to make this for her when she visits in October.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Minha querida amiga, a paz! Meu inglês não é bom, mas espero que você consiga ler meu idioma. Adoro seu blog e acho sua criatividade sem limites! Adorável suas idéias, amiga!!! Deus a abençoe muito e à sua família. Grande beijo e saiba que vou acompanhá-la sempre!!!!
    God bless you!!!! Kisses

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh that looks like a little piece of awesomeness!! I'm going to have to try that one. Delish! Thanks for sharing. Jenn

    ReplyDelete
  13. I will have to try this one. I have used cream cheese filling in the past and I know that is delicious. Thanks for sharing and inspiring the rest of us.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Karen,
    Awwww cupcakes for little ole me! You're tooo sweet...love ya! I'd like to be able to tell you that since our last chat, I have my Reeses addiction under control....but... although I didn't have any on Thursday, today (fri) I've had two packets!!! I keep waiting for that sick feeling I'm sure to get because I'm eating toooo many ...but its just not happening....lol! ;)) Thankyou for all your kind , loving words...you're the best friend a Reeses Addict could have...hahaha!
    Love ya Wendy xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. But, how bad could it be even at the bottom of the cupcake?! Thanks for sharing. I am going to let the little ones help make these. And I would have never thought to just add peanut butter to vanilla frosting! Two words - Yum-O!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh my goodness. Can it get any better than this?? :o) Yuum!! :o)
    I hope you are having a wonderful weekend.
    Sincerely ~ Tricia

    ReplyDelete
  17. This reminds me of my favorite cupcake ... white cake with chocolate peanut butter frosting. My grandma made it when we were kids ... add peanut butter to buttercream choco frosting ... delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Holy peanut butter cup! Those look unbelievable! I'm trying Chili with corn bread dumplings from Sandras food blog http://fullbellies.blogspot.com/2010/08/chili-with-corn-dumplings.html

    Now, I've decided we will have these cupcakes for dessert!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Holy Moly Karen those look soooo
    good. I wrote that recipe down
    and I will be trying the peanut
    butter cups too. I just bought
    the creme cheese so now back to
    the store for the peanut butter
    cups. ":O)

    ReplyDelete
  20. My friend does this, but she uses brownie mix instead of cake mix & the reese's stay on top.

    ReplyDelete
  21. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment...I just love hearing from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails