I have completely pulled the whole basement apart and the garage (our basement walks out to the garage) My sewing room is in half of the basement and there is stuff everywhere. The garage is finished and there is a light at the end of the tunnel (although faint) for my sewing room.
So since there is no sewing going on right now, I thought I would share with you something I put together earlier.
I love candles and Yankee candles are wonderful. I usually receive the big jars as gifts from my sister. They are $25.00 and I hate spending that much money on a candle. I normally buy the votives or the little tarts.
My family and I love all scents of fall: cinnamon, pumpkins, apples and all the scents of Christmas too.
However, I hate when this happens...look at all that wasted wax. The picture doesn't show it well, but it is thick on all sides and on the bottom.
and this...the wick burns out and won't relight before the whole candle is used up.
So here's what I do. Place jar in the freezer for 15-20 minutes. Then take a pointy knife and break up all the wax in the jar. Be careful not to hurt yourself or press too hard that you'll break the jar. If frozen or chilled it should pop right out.
Chopped up the pieces so they will fit out of the top of the jar.
Now, you will need a tart burner, which is the kind where you place a votive inside and melt the tarts on top.
Place your broken pieces on the top of your votive burner. Not too much at first until you see how it melts. You don't want it to over flow. Maybe put it on a tray at first.
Now, you are good to go again with the heavenly scents of fall.