Hi everyone! What a wonderful turn out for this swap. There are 29 of us already. I'm thinking maybe a few more will be manageable for me, as this is my first swap...a total of 32 is good.
It seems that it's the first time for a swap for a lot of us, so this is going to be exciting. I have this Friday off, so I will be emailing everyone directly tomorrow. I just wanted to answer and clear up a few questions that some of you have and post it for all to read here.
- this is a centralized swap: which means one person is the host (me), so there will not be swap partners. This way everyone is guaranteed to receive a package back. All the squares will be sent to me. I organize all the fabric so we each receive the same kinds of squares and the same amount of squares. I will then return all the organize squares to you in the return envelope that you send with postage on it.
- you will be receiving 5" squares only (not a quilt or sewn blocks). This way you can do what you want with the squares.
- all fabric should be pre washed to avoid different shrinkage problems.
- I want to include everyone, including overseas and Canada. I'm going to the post office tomorrow to figure out the return postage issue. I did weigh some 5 inch squares (about 130) and the 2 envelopes. It weighs approximately 10-11 ounces.
- We have swappers from Canada so postage is about $3.83 (US) to send and $3.83 to return.
- We also have swappers from Holland, Japan and Australia. The first class international will be $8.84 (US) to send to me and $8.84 (US) to return.
- I just need to figure out how you will put the postage on the return envelope back to you , because it will be leaving the states and needs to have US postage on it. I will be speaking to someone tomorrow. I really want to figure this part out, because I so want to include everyone.
- if we have 32 swappers, each of us will send in 32 squares of 3 different fabrics. That means we will each get 96 different I Spy fabrics from all over the world!!
So here are the official rules for the 5 inch I Spy Squares
- Purchase 3 different I Spy fabrics about 3/4 of a yard or 27 inches of each one. Pre wash fabric. Cut 32 (thirty two) 5 inch squares out of each of the 3 different fabrics.
- Place the 96 squares in a plastic bag with your name and address on the bag. This will help if the outside envelope is torn in delivery. Your name will still be on the inside. It will also help protect it if the envelope gets wet.
- Buy 2 envelopes. Address the outside envelope to me (I will email you all my address). Take the second envelope and address it to yourself.
- Swappers in the states: bring everything to the post office and have it weighed with the second envelope inside the first with the squares. Whatever the amount of the outside envelope is, place the same amount of postage on the inside envelope with stamps only. DO NOT USE METERED MAIL. Metered mail will have your state on it, but the package will be coming from me.
- Overseas and Canada hold off on postage until I email you.
- Have all fabric squares mailed to me by October 31st. That's 6 weeks. If I get them all sooner, I will return them sooner.
- I will organize and return all the squares in hopefully 2 weeks or less after the deadline
I hope this is all ok with every one. If you have any further questions, please feel free to ask. I will always post the question and answer on a post for all to read.
If anyone needs to drop out for any reason, please let me know and we can work things out.
Good luck shopping for all the different novelty fabrics that are out there and have fun with.