Monday, July 27, 2015

Easy Blueberry Cobbler Recipe...

July and August is blueberry season here in the northeast. They are plentiful and usually on sale in the stores or it's fun to spend some time on a farm picking your own. For me, on sale in the store was easier this weekend! It was hard choosing a recipe though...pie, muffins, cake or cobbler? We had lots of people in and out this weekend, so a very large pan of cobbler was the way to go!! I searched for a recipe on line and found a winner.

Blueberry Cobbler...

blueberry cobbler

Don't forget the ice cream!!

blueberry cobbler

This is the easiest recipe and so delicious...

I found this recipe on the blog Sinful Southern Sweets. You can't go wrong with that name!!


Fresh Blueberry Cobbler


2 cups fresh blueberries
1/2 cup-1 cup white sugar 
1 cup self rising flour (*see below for recipe)
1 cup milk
1 cup white sugar
1 stick butter
vanilla ice cream or whipped cream for topping

In a medium bowl, combine the blueberries and 1/2 cup (or up to 1 cup) sugar. Set aside to let the sugar and berry start to marry.  Place stick of butter in a 9x9 square baking pan. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Place the pan with the butter, in the oven while it's preheating until the butter is fully melted.

In another medium bowl, mix together the 1 cup flour, 1 cup milk and 1 cup sugar until blended. When butter is melted, remove pan from the oven. Pour batter over butter, but DO NOT STIR. Spoon blueberry and sugar mixture over batter, but again, DO NOT STIR. Bake at 350 degrees for 45 min-1 hour, or until golden brown and bubbly. Serve warm with vanilla ice cream or whipped cream. 

I didn't have self rising flour, but I used this recipe to make my own.

*Self Rising Flour


1 cup all purpose flour
1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt

Here are a few pictures of the steps. I tripled this recipe and made it a very large pan...12x18 inches. I used 2 large plastic containers of fresh blueberries which equaled about 6 cups. I also had to bake it longer. I just kept adding 10 -15 minutes at a time until it was golden brown.

Easy steps...

Mix sugar and berries, set aside.

blueberry cobbler


Melt butter in pan, in the pre-heating oven while mixing the other ingredients.. This is my tripled amount of butter.


blueberry cobbler

Mix flour, sugar and milk. Pour over melted butter in the pan, but DO NOT MIX. Spoon sugared blueberries over batter, but DO NOT MIX. Sorry, forgot pictures of those steps.

blueberry cobbler

Bake at 350* until golden brown.

blueberry cobbler

This was so yummy warm out of the oven.

blueberry cobbler

Delicious plain...

blueberry cobbler

but even better with a little scoop of vanilla ice cream

blueberry cobbler

Thanks for stopping by. I hope you enjoy this recipe as much as we did!!

I also wanted to share 2 new friends who are linked on my side bar.

Quilt Girls has the best selection of novelty fabrics. So cute and my daughter is in love with all the Disney fabrics! Click HERE or the button on my side bar to visit.

Fairies Market is a great little Easy shop filled with handmade quilts, beaded jewelry and supplies. Click HERE to visit or click on the button in the side bar.

Thanks for visiting them...I know they'll be so happy if you did!!

Pin It

6 comments:

  1. Oooooh, yummy! I am definitely making this dish this week! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very yummy looking Karen.
    Please remember that not all of us measure by "sticks" of butter. I presume it is a half cup?
    For even easier cobbler I use a can of blueberry pie filling and add 2 - 4 cups of blueberries (fresh or frozen) - my batter recipe is similar to yours. I also make a lemon sauce for with it. Love blueberries and lemon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh goodness. I have no blueberries, although I have ice cream. Must go to the store. Thank you so much for a supremely easy recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've always used this recipe for peach cobbler using a large can of peaches in syrup - so delicious! blessings, marlene

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for this recipe! I've never made a cobbler before (I live in the UK) and it was delicious! Everyone loved it! Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  6. My friend brought this over for a sewing day. Ethan, my 11 yr old grandson, is here and he LOVED this!!! Thanks for the great recipe

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment...I just love hearing from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails