Wednesday, March 25, 2015

How to Make a Circle Garland...for any Party or Occasion

We have a new dentist who works in our office and she and I bonded right away with crafting and sewing!! Her son is turning one year old in a few weeks and she wanted to make a fabric garland for the party. She doesn't have a sewing machine, so I happily volunteered to make one. It was so easy and fun to make!!

Here it is hanging in my house...ready to go to the party!!

circle garland

She also cut circles in burlap. Great combination!!

circle garland

This project is fast and easy...come on in and see!!!

I gave her my Accuquilt cutter and the circle die, so the project was so easy to cut up. The circles are made from stiffened felt. You can buy it in any craft store. You can also use regular felt, but the stiffened type has a little more structure to stand up on it's own.

circle garland

You will just chain piece the circles on your sewing machine.

circle garland

Chain piecing is feeding the circles through the needle, leaving a space of about 1/4 inch, then feed the next circle in. You will NOT cut the thread, just "sew" the space in with a chain of thread.

circle garland

Here they are coming out the back of my machine.

circle garland

She wanted the garland to be whimsical and not in a set pattern. I am a very symmetrical, organized person, so it took all my power not to have a certain pattern of how I sewed the circles. I just went for it and I love how it turned out!!

circle garland

See...no set pattern. Although you could definitely have a pattern...large to small, or alternate sizes or 2 large then 2 medium with a small in the middle. The possibilities are endless.

circle garland


circle garland

Here is the burlap I sewed together.

circle garland

Hang it separately or next to your colored circles.

circle garland

Perfect for a sweet little boy!!

circle garland

I have other party ideas coming soon and hopefully I can share some of her actual party pictures when the big day arrives.

Thanks for stopping by,
~Karen~

Pin It

7 comments:

  1. I did this with scrapbook paper, worked great!!! Super fast and easy. Love your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute! It's modern but cheerful. I could see it being used for more than the birthday--a drape across the top of curtains, or a fun tie back. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cute. Great photography!
    Your pictures are GREAT & so clear.
    Can you tell me what camera you are using?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks GG...I've always used a Canon point and shoot, but lately I've been using my iPhone 6 camera. The lighting is so much better with my iPhone, I always have it with me and it's easy to use.

      Delete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment...I just love hearing from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails