Friday, December 12, 2014

Santa's Stuck in the Chimney...

Hi everyone! Sorry I haven't posted in a while...I've been super busy decorating for the holidays and a big Christmas party I'm having this Sunday. I have lots of posts in the works from projects I've been doing and this is one that I wanted to share today! ( As a side note…if you have little ones in your home, you can explain that this is just a decoration!!)

Santa's in the Chimney…


santa in the chimney

This is a quick and easy project that didn't cost me anything!! Come on in and see…

We have a center fireplace that has this small chimney space on one of the sides. The first owner used it for a small wood stove. Over the years this has been the chimney where I would hang the stockings for our cat Hallie and dog Annie. With Annie up in heaven now, I wanted to do something different.

santa in the chimney

I took my own black rain boots and folded in the sweater trim that was on it.

I removed the white fur trim for 2 old Christmas stockings I had and tacked it on with a small dab of hot glue. You don't need to glue it, because the clamps we'll use later will also keep it on. I just didn't want it to droop.

santa in the chimney


santa in the chimney

Now clamp on 2 extra large paper clamps on to each side of each boot.

santa in the chimney

Keep the clamp handles up and slide a tension rod through all 4.

santa in the chimney

Like this...

santa in the chimney

Now take the 2 stockings that you removed the trim from and roll them up and tuck them into the boots for Santa's "pants".

My fireplace opening has a ledge on either side where I just rested the tension rod, but if you don't, use a tension rod long enough to secure it to the side of your chimney.

santa in the chimney

Looks like someone ate too many cookies and is stuck in the chimney!!

santa in the chimney


Have fun decorating all the little spaces around your home!!

~Karen~

ps…don't forget to remove anything hanging around the fireplace if you decide to light a fire.


Pin It

16 comments:

  1. So funny! It's a perfect piece of whimsy. And great that you could do it from just things around the cost!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Too cute and what a breeze to make!! Thanks for the idea! I would have never thought to put a tension rod to hang them on.

    Tanya

    ReplyDelete
  3. Now to go make a fireplace to be do this.......!!! Hmmmm?!?

    LOVE THIS!!! It is just a fun thing to have hanging around at this time of year! Perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've seen something similar to this using witch shoes and striped stockings/hose for a Halloween decoration. I could maybe do Santa for a night or two but if it's chilly out, I have a fire going!! I've used the tension rod idea under my kitchen sink to hang squirt bottles on (like Windex, etc). Easier to find things.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so stinking cute! Looking forward to seeing your projects

    ReplyDelete
  6. Do you have a Facebook page for Sew Many Ways? I rarely get back to checking on blogs anymore (life has gotten so busy). I was just wondering as that seems to be easier for me to check. Merry Christmas! Love the idea and have shown it to my kids for their fireplaces.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a cute idea and so simple.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love it! Wish I had a fireplace! I'm going to contemplate this idea and see if I can use it in another application.....hmmmmm??

    ReplyDelete
  9. You are so creative! Love it....Merry Christmas

    ReplyDelete
  10. OMG! This is amazing! I simply HAVE TO DO this in my mom's house for my little sis. She is going to love it!

    xo
    www.everything713.blogspot.com.br

    ReplyDelete
  11. cute Karen, happy holidays
    Are you no longer doing the link party?? LeeAnna at not afraid of color leeannaquilts@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment...I just love hearing from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails