Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Easy Christmas Candy Wreath...

Hi everyone. So sorry I have been missing in action for a whole week. I've been decorating like crazy since Thanksgiving getting the house ready for the holidays and for my Christmas party that was this past Sunday! It was the best time ever.  Christmas is my absolute favorite time of year and sharing the holidays with friends and family is what the season is all about.

Before I begin this post, I want to say thank you to everyone who emailed me to see if I was ok. So sweet of you to think of me. This is just one more reason why I love blogging…such caring people from all over the world!

One of the projects I made while decorating was a candy wreath for a little area at the top of our stairs. It's a little nook where a have my candy themed tree and the wall next to the tree looked bare. I used a mirror that I wasn't using anymore and spelled the word Joy and the "O" is the wreath! The mirror has hooks so it was perfect for hanging things.

Christmas candy wreath


Here's the finished wreath!

Christmas candy wreath

Come on in to see how fast and easy this was to make…

I first bought the strips of candy dots, because I wanted to use them for a paper garland in the tree. I had second thoughts about the paper being too close to the Christmas lights, so that idea was nixed.

I bought the letters "J" and "Y" for the word joy and originally had a white wreath for the "O", but the wreath was too big and lost the word joy.

Candy Dots to the rescue!! I always pick up styrofoam wreath forms at The Dollar Tree stores when I see them, because they are so expensive in craft stores. This small one was the perfect size.

Christmas candy wreath

Start by hot gluing the end of the paper at a diagonal. It easier to wrap around the wreath and you don't waste too much of the candy paper.

Christmas candy wreath

Keep wrapping and hot glue little spots on the back of the wreath along the way.

Christmas candy wreath

The dots come in strips of paper...not one long piece, so just connect each strip as you go.

Christmas candy wreath

Done!!!

Christmas candy wreath

Add your favorite colored bow and it's perfect for any occasion, not just a candy Christmas.

Christmas candy wreath

The wood letters are from Michael's Craft store. I hot glued the ribbon on the back to hang them.

Christmas candy wreath

 The colors in the candy wreath match all the colors in the tree so well.

Christmas candy wreath


My candy tree is always a work in progress each year. I ALWAYS buy after Christmas sales or use things I have from other trees to add to it. The purple ornaments and curly springs are from my daughter Kelsie's purple themed tree when she was little.

Christmas candy wreath

Even the tree was from a 75% off sale 2 years ago at Walmart. It's white with tiny colored lights, but with all the bright colors the tree actually looks pink!

Christmas candy wreath

I placed the tree in one of the galvanized buckets I have and added some quilt batting to look like snow.

The galvanized buckets are from Home Depot and are the 18 gallon size which is about 24 inches across the opening. I have three these buckets and have had them for years. They were about $13 then, but worth the investment. I use them all year long for parties to keep drinks cold.

Christmas candy wreath

Hope you like this easy project. It will definite add a little color to any holiday!

Christmas candy wreath


Happy decorating,
~Karen~

Pin It

23 comments:

  1. What such great ideas. You are always full of inspirations for me.
    Happy Christmas to you and to your family,
    Jana in Prague

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMO~! That's the cutest candy tree that I've ever seen! Thanks for the idea ♥
    www.majoriezoleta.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your candy tree is gorgeous, and I like your mirror idea with joy written on it. How cleavor

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks lovely! The tree is gorgeous too x

    ReplyDelete
  5. It is a beautiful tree. So full of cheer and colour. I love the twirly spikes. Good idea for the wreath although we don't get candy paper where I live.
    Cath @ Bits 'n Bobs

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is adorable! My kids would eat the candies off I think. :-) Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The candy tree is my favorite! Sorry I missed the party, but it is so good to have Pete home. I might see you in the office later this week.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your candy tree is gorgeous !
    Love all of these bright colors and I personally LOVE candy !
    Rose

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think I am in love with your tree! It is so colourful and pretty! And the wreath within the word JOY is amazing!

    -Cole
    Peace + Chaos

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your wall gallery was the perfect finishing touch to your landing area! I still love your candy tree too!

    ReplyDelete
  11. So glad you are OK. I was worried. The wreath and the tree are just darling!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love the tree! It's so bright and young and joyful looking! Looking at the photo made my day. Thanks very much.

    ReplyDelete
  13. that is so adorable! I love the color scheme.

    Zoe
    http://thatszoe.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. That is the happiest tree I've ever seen-- love it!

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is the cutest tree! Makes me happy just to look at it! Glad everything's OK with you.

    Val

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Karen, Love your candy tree!!! I think it's the most beautiful tree I have ever seen!!! One day when I'm big I would love a tree like that!! Have a great weekend!!!
    Love
    AMarie

    ReplyDelete
  17. So many different ways to make a wreath! This one would be cute at Easter,too!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I just LOVE this!! So bright and cheery and cute! Its like Wonka meets Whovill, I want to eat it ;) ha ha.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love the candy wreath, and oh my, that tree! Gorgeous, gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  20. what a cute and colorful tree! LOVE it!

    Tanya

    ReplyDelete
  21. Where did you get all the candy ornaments?!?! I'm so obsessed with this tree!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment...I just love hearing from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails