Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Turkey Chili Stew Soup Recipe...

I know...crazy name, but couldn't figure out what to call it!! It's like a chili with all the beans, but I added chicken stock in there, so my daughter thought it was a soup. I also used a little cream and thickened it, so it's also like a stew.

I think I should call it Turkey Chewp (chili, stew, soup)!




This is a recipe I made up as I went along with food I already had in the house...kind of like a "pantry" dinner. What ever you have in your cupboard is fair game!!

It came together in just minutes and was delicious!! You can change it up with different spices or ingredients to your taste. I used all white beans in this recipe, but those can be changed up too.

Turkey Chili Stew


1-2 pounds ground turkey
1-2 onions, diced
1-2 tablespoons olive oil
1-2 teaspoon minced garlic to taste ( I just use the garlic in the jar)
salt and pepper to taste
1 can white navy beans
1 can garbanzo beans (chick peas)
1 can Great Northern White beans
1 - 48 ounce can chicken stock
1 - 4 ounce can chopped green chiles
1/2 pint container of heavy cream to thicken (I didn't use it all)
cornstarch and water slurry to thicken
dollop of sour cream for garnish (optional)

In a large soup pot, saute onions and garlic in olive oil. Add ground turkey and cook until no longer pink. Salt and pepper to taste. Add all beans (I did not drain them), chiles and chicken stock. Make a slurry with cornstarch and water if you want to thicken it. You could also use a flour water mixture. Cook 15 minutes or so to cook off the cornstarch taste. Add as much heavy cream as you'd like right at the end. Add a dollop of sour cream before serving to garnish!

Enjoy this yummy comfort chili/stew/soup now that the weather is getting a little colder.

Have a great day!
~Karen~

Pin It

2 comments:

  1. I make "Hobo" soup. Basically, clean out the refrigerator soup. It is (almost) always really good!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment...I just love hearing from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails