Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Tool Time Tuesday...Tier Tray Organizer

Hi everyone...welcome to another Tuesday of fun ideas! This is one of those Tool Times where I have to say...ssshhhh, don't tell the hardware store people that we found this in their store for cheap cheap!! If they find out that women were crafting and organizing from the hardware store, they will jack the prices up.

Last week I stopped by our local Home Depot for gift certificates for my father and father-in-law for Father's Day. You know me, I just can't go in and buy the certificates and leave. I absolutely have to shop around.

This is what I found...and it's already set up in my sewing room chock full of sewing supplies.

tiered tray organizer

This how one of the trays looks. You will never guess how much!!

Ok, I'll tell you...$3.79 each.

$3.79. Unbelievable, right?

This is our little secret. If you tell them we're using it for crafting, scrap booking, beading, sewing etc, we'll be paying 15.00 each in no time.

tiered tray organizer


Each tray has 6 large compartments for so many items.

tiered tray organizer

So I bought 3 for only $11.37.

tiered tray organizer

Here's the label if you need to know the name. I think you can buy them on Home Depot's website.

tiered tray organizer

The spindle can be a handle if you only buy one. Great to carry around from room to room

tiered tray organizer

or you can stack them. The bottom of one, stacks on the spindle of the first.

tiered tray organizer

Two...

tiered tray organizer

and three!!

tiered tray organizer

All sorts of sewing supplies.

tiered tray organizer


tiered tray organizer


tiered tray organizer

This keeps the top of my sewing table free and clear by using height instead of spreading out on top of the table or filling up my drawers.

tiered tray organizer

This will actually be perfect any where in your home.

tiered tray organizer


I can think of so many ideas for this...

  • sewing
  • thread and bobbins
  • crafting
  • beading/jewelry making
  • scrapbooking
  • cake decorating supplies and tips
  • office supplies
  • kids small toys and collectibles
  • nuts, bolts and screws ( the original purpose for this, Lol)
  • button collection
  • small tubes or bottles of paints
  • make-up
  • nail polish
  • crayon and markers for kids
  • ribbon
  • washi tape
  • jewelry and earrings
  • not sure if this is food safe, but one tray would be great for ice cream parties, taco bars, baked potato bars etc. I don't see why not...it's just plastic. Maybe line the trays with foil.

No mater what you use these for, they are great, convenient and inexpensive. Nothing better for a Tool Time idea!!

Hope you have a great day,
~Karen~


Pin It

33 comments:

  1. What a great discovery! And yes you are right, if they find out we are using it for crafts, the price will go up!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is one I love! Thanks so much for sharing. And you are so right, shhhh, can't tell Home Depot why I'm buying them for!

    ReplyDelete

  3. love this idea.... time for a shopping trip!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great plan! And with the new plastics paints... what color would I like them to be. Sweet!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's a great idea but not for me - my cats may think I've presented them with 3 tiers of new toys to play with!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love Home Depot too, but I don't seem to have the imaginative mind or creativity you possess, I walk around just looking at things where you really act upon items! Thanks so much for sharing with all of us. This is a really great idea too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great tool time Tuesday! Need to go buy some of these.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is a great tool time Tuesday my friend!!! Saves us lots of money and comes in quite handy! Thank you for sharing!!

    Hugs,
    Jo

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm at work and can't edit this post, but forgot to mention the trays swivel too.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great idea. And it looks like it is made in the USA! All the better.

    Pam

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great idea!!! What section of Home Depot did you find them in?

    ReplyDelete
  12. My workspace is very small so this is perfect vertical storage. Love it. Thanks so much!

    ReplyDelete
  13. It's always fun to browse a hardware shop, and I've even noticed they carry a set of bed-lifters cheaper than if you get them at a 'home' store. Those are great to lift a table to a better cutting heighth. These trays are wonderful, thanks for sharing! It's always great to better organize the sewing space...

    ReplyDelete
  14. What section is this in? I couldn't find it.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I, also,found a wonderfully useful item at Home Depot several years ago! A great tool box/tray. The upper level has many small compartments perfectly sized for my numerous machine feet. It lifts off to reveal several larger compartments perfect for other larger sewing tools. It is great to take to classes! I love visiting the tool room section while my hubby shops.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great idea...keep browsing those big box stores for us!! When I enter one, I am overwhelmed with the size, so am sure I miss out on many great things I could use. Thanks for this TTT.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I also want to know where in the store to look for these.

    ReplyDelete
  18. great idea -- I just ordered some online to pick up after work today! (that way I don't have to figure out where to look for them in the madness of that store...)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Have you tried painting them or prettying them up in some way? I can't wait to hear about it!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Great idea. Sadly, I can see myself knocking that off the table and covering the floor with pins and needles in no time at all. Do you have a way to 'klutz-proof' it? :D

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hello Karen,
    Just found your incredible blog via Craft Gossip. I think I will need a few more cups of caffeine to browse everything! Instead, however, I am now a follower and look forward to catching up on your organization ideas and everything else. Thanks for the inspiration to clean, organize and purge!
    Doreen
    altered artworks

    ReplyDelete
  22. Wow! That's awesome...What's even more awesome is seeing how organized you are in the background!!..lol Puts my little bit of "organization" to shame ;)..
    Awesome find!

    ReplyDelete
  23. I love your ideas - so awesome~

    ReplyDelete
  24. What a great idea, it looks like it is a perfect fit in in your sewing room, I'd love to get one but it isn't available in Canada.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Yes, and you can get a can of that spray paint for plastics and paint them whatever color you love!

    ReplyDelete
  26. If you put or glue a magnet in a section, that section becomes spill proof for metal items.....you could even use one or 2 of the ones that come in the mail with business cards on them(depending on how strong you need)and cover the whole bottom of the section.

    ReplyDelete
  27. You have done it again. Mini Roto-bins right by the sewing machine to hold all of the little things you need close at hand, scissors, pins, needles, zippers, buttons, seam ripper, favorite presser feet, fabric marker, thread, bobbins, sewing machine screw drivers. This will soon be helping me keep the area near the sewing machines neat and tidy as I work. Thank You!

    ReplyDelete
  28. I went into Harbor Freight today with a 20% off coupon and got one of their brand that is 4 tires and love it. Gonna paint it though. Love that Bernina. I have a 1630 for just crafts.

    ReplyDelete
  29. My first thought was to cut off the top and put some pretty knobs or something on top, but if this was for a craft room you could put a roll of paper towel on the top spindal..or even stick a dowel in there to extend it and slide rolls of ribbon or tape on it so they can just be pulled off and cut as needed.

    ReplyDelete
  30. I got mine recently @ Home Depot for $1 each! Now they are $10 for 6 trays, still a deal!

    ReplyDelete
  31. Home depot no longer has this item as it has been discontinued but I did find it on Amazon.com. Here is the link: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004EHYA60?keywords=carousel%20parts%20storage%20tray&qid=1452538188&ref_=sr_1_1&sr=8-1

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment...I just love hearing from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails