Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Tool Time Tuesday...Hot Glue Gun Tips

Hi everyone!! Our house is ever changing and ever evolving. I move things around, organize and try to fit in new things all the time...big or small. Our 2 daughters are home from college and some of you may know what that is like...a big mess.

Courtney graduated, so all the things she brought home are staying. She is home for a while to finish an internship. One thing she brought home is the Ikea table that I talked about last year. You can click HERE to see that post. It's a great sewing, crafting table.

I couldn't just store it in the basement...here it is squeaked into a little spot in my sewing room.

I'm keeping all my hot glue guns and supplies in here. So, in this Tool Time post I'll share a few Hot Glue Gun tips and tricks!!

hot glue gun tips

Great table to work at when I'm organizing all the scrapbook memorabilia for the girls too. This table has another leaf on the left side to expand for more room!

hot glue gun tips

Come on in and see a few helpful tips for your hot glue gun!

If you can leave your hot glue gun out in it's own spot, you are more likely to use it.

I ran a special cord concealer strip on the floor. See it on the floor?...it's tan and blends in with the tile. It's made to hide the cords and helps so no one trips over it. It hides the cord to the surge bar.

hot glue gun tips

The power strip is so helpful to have right where you are working. Great when a friend is working with you and you can plug in more than one glue gun.

hot glue gun tips

I attached the bottom of the surge bar to the table with 3M strips.

hot glue gun tips

Another tip is to use silicone pot holders to rest your glue guns on. The mat catches all the hot drips and protects the table top.

hot glue gun tips

This poor glue gun is laying down, because the wire rest is missing.

hot glue gun tips

Missing here, but still works great.

hot glue gun tips

Here's the solution for the broken "rest"...

A binder clip!!

hot glue gun tips

The point of the glue gun fits into the silver part of the clip.

hot glue gun tips

and the black base and the second clip are the supports on the table.

hot glue gun tips

Now they're all standing up.

hot glue gun tips

My last tip for a glue gun station is to plug a lamp into the surge bar that your glue gun is plugged into.

Turn the lamp on. When you flip the switch for the surge bar, your glue gun will come on AND so will the lamp. When you flip off the surge bar, the glue gun and lamp will go off.

This is a SAFETY TIP...

If you see the light ON...you've left your glue gun ON.

So click the surge bar OFF to turn everything OFF.


hot glue gun tips


I hope some of these glue gun tips will be helpful!

Have a great Tuesday,
~Karen~


Pin It

19 comments:

  1. Great tips! Thank you!! It´s always a pleasure to visit your blog!
    Have a nice day!
    Ulina

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic tips, Karen, thanks so much for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great tips Karen! Thank you so much for sharing these with us.

    Hugs,
    Jo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great tips! I love the lamp/glue gun tip. Genius!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the great tips. I rarely use my glue gun, but ever since I first got one, I have kept it in a Rubbermaid shoe box--the "old style" one with the flat lid. I have had it for probably 20 years, long before the silicon hot pads (brilliant idea, btw) but I've always used the inside of the lid to rest the glue gun on. All the drips stay in the lid, and easily peel off when they get to be too much.

    ReplyDelete
  6. When the glue drips on the silicon hot pads does it come off after it dries or is it stuck there for ever? Love this!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi There, Another great tip!!! Thank you for sharing!!!
    Love
    AMarie

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is awesome! And the lamp on/off trick is genius! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great tips! I absolutely love the table! Wish I had one. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gotta love those binder clips. I use the lamp trick with my iron. Lamp on, iron on. Lamp off, iron off. Works like a charm. Love your posts.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I use a night light in my power bar as the indicator that it is on.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Karen,

    I have one of those Ikea tables, too, and I love it. Mine is white, because it is my cutting table/stash collecting flat surface/living room accessory. I had my partner saw the bottom leg parts off, so it sits lower. I'm not able to stand to cut fabric due to some physical problems, darn it, but this makes it easier to cut fabric from my chair. And, my cutting mat fits the width and a little more than half the length of it when both legs are extended. Aren't they great!?!?


    ReplyDelete
  13. We have those Ikea tables here in Germany, too, Karen!
    I have a complex about forgetting to turn off the iron so I hooked it up to a surge bar including a floor lamp and you´re so right, it´s an awesome way to see all is well when it´s dark. :o)
    Hugs, Bobbi

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great tips. Thanks. I am always amazed at the great uses for binder clips. :D

    ReplyDelete
  15. Excellent post! Love the binder clip tip :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. another good tip for a hot glue gun! i keep mine on a large ceramic tile so if i should happen to get some glue on my skin, i immediately touch the affected spot on the tile to cool it off quickly before it developes a blister.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I don't see your photos, on most. I have tried the internet explorer and google. Are they still showing for you?

    ReplyDelete
  18. Awesome tips! … have a lamp connected to the surge bar is brilliant! Thank you

    ReplyDelete
  19. Well, it’s a nice one, I have been looking for. Thanks for sharing such informative stuff. umweltprobleme

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment...I just love hearing from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails