Thanksgiving is this week here in the states, but this project can be used any time of there year for any holiday or occasion.
The Thoughtful Napkin Ring...
Remember the paper garland rings we use to make as kids? That's how easy!!
This project will use...
- pretty scrapbook paper
- hole punch
- brass brads
Cut a strip of paper 2 inches x 8 inches (or any size you need) and punch holes on each short end.
Here's where the "thoughtful" part comes in...
- have each guest write what they are thankful for
- make sure they write the date so you'll "remember when"
You can have the children in the family roll up each strip and make the napkin ring for each place setting...
or have each guest make their own after they write it. Keeps your company busy while you're getting the food ready!!
You can do this for any occasion...Christmas, birthdays, christenings, Easter! People can write their thoughts and well wishes for that function.
Slip in your napkin and place on each place setting.
You can start your own family tradition with this...
- have each person read the napkin ring they have on their plate
- save them and use the napkin rings for each year
- connect the rings when you are done and make a "Thankful Garland" to decorate with each year. Great for Christmas!!
I hope you have fun making these with your family and friends!!