Thursday, November 15, 2012

Thrifty Thursday...Closet Organizing

Thrifty Thursday is usually about using things we already have or at least something cheap, cheap. Click here for all past Thrifty Thursdays (this post will show up too, so scroll down if you click over there).

Today's thrifty find is actually "space"...finding more free space in our homes. There are areas throughout our houses that we are not utilizing to their full capacity. I found that space behind a closet door!!



I forgot to take a picture of the before, but it was pretty much my husband's ties on the same wall, but just lower taking up the whole wall and 2 hooks that go over the top of the door.

I thought to myself...he's 6' 3", I can move those ties way up there and make room for a few things on the bottom. Now the sweaters a wear most often have a place for easy grabbing.


I added 2 hooks...


then added the tennis ball trick on the hook...click here for that post if you missed.


The tennis ball prevents that hook lump in the sweaters or jackets that I wear often.


I did have the over the door hooks on top of the door, but they prevented the door from closing.

I added these hooks to different parts of the back of the door for belts, purses and scarves.


The double hook is perfect for tote bags.


I also added a few hooks towards the top for the longer items...belts, scarves etc.


Space them out so the hang between other items.


You might have different needs in your closet or behind any door for that matter, but this Thrifty Thursday tip is to help you look at what you have and see if you can re-work it to give you more space.

If you are organized and can see things better on shelves or hanging up, it makes your day less frustrating.



I found all the hooks in Home Depot for 79 cents each...pretty inexpensive fix.

Search your home, you might be surprised what space you'll find!!

I also did a post a while back about how I utilized the space in my laundry room closet...click here for that post.

Happy Thursday,
~Karen~

Pin It

15 comments:

  1. Just came across your blog. I love this! My closet SO needs organizing!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You always rocks with your post this time again you did great job i am the huge fan of your blog..

    Challenge Coins

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good Morning Karen, I love your organisational skills they give me so many useful hints and tips. I live in England, so our houses are much smaller than American homes. Your ideas on storage have proved so useful and whilst I don't have a laundrey room or cupboard, my washing machine is in the kitchen, I love how you have organised everything. So I always leave your blog thinking "yes that's a good idea I can use that in my home", such as hanging items behind the wardrobe door. So thank you very much for all your advice. Have a lovely day, Best Wishes Daphne

      Delete
  3. If you have time my closet could use your help. Seriously, the tennis ball idea hit me like a ton of bricks. I'd just about gotten used to putting everything on hangers so as to avoid the humpy neck. Your blog is full of stuff I can use. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the new thrifty Thursdays posts! Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Do the bags not impede the opening of the closet door? I love the idea but unfortunately my 2 tee-tiny 2'-8" deep by 4'-6" closets don't give me such a great option. My bi-fold doors offer no hang spots. :( I have added shelves
    in one of them to help a "little". Love your blog.... & Can use the tie idea on the back of the bedroom door which is adjacent to one of my little closets!
    You have shown me there are always ways to work in some new storage tricks!!!
    THANK YOU! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. ooooooOOOOOOOooo!!! Thanks ever so much for sharing that tennis ball trick. Something simple that I never in a hundred years would have thought of on my own.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have so been thinking of reworking my closet space too. Guess I should put that on my list. It won't take much time but will definitely leave me with a good feeling...accomplishments..so important.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great idea and I love the tennis ball trick!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I hadn't noticed the tennis ball post before. Must have missed that one somehow. It's a great idea and one I plan to use in my own space. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great closet!! I can only dream of that much closet space, LOL! About half my closet is needed for storage and the other half is split between my husband and I, so that doesn't leave a lot of space. Awesome trick with the tennis ball - definitely trying that one:)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow - I am a mama of 8 and our space is tiny, I so appreciate these tips! Thank you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ah, light bulb moment went on when I saw the tennis ball over the hook - of course! What a great way to prevent the creases in clothes you drape over those hooks!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love the tennis ball trick - not just for the lump in the clothes, but also to keep them from slipping off! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Very nice and helpful information has been given in this post. I like the way you explain the things. Keep posting. Thanks!
    Closet Organizer

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment...I just love hearing from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails