Well, here's one more way...old soda crates.
I found these soda or bottle crates years ago in a flea market. I've used them in so many ways over the years...
- stacked them up on the front porch and filled with flowers or evergreens for the holidays
- saved empty water bottles and then used the crates for a ring toss game for a carnival party we had
- stacked them up and had them next to a chair as an end table. Cute with a lamp and books on them
- you can also plant wheat grass in them for an Easter center piece with eggs in the grass
- use the crates for wall decorations to display little collections
Here is one way I had the crates set up. The tower of crates works great for small spaces. If you lack wall or floor space, always go up...vertically.
Warning...This way is fine for me...no small children around. You can also SECURE it to the wall if needed
I used zip ties or straps to secure each crate to the other.
Just had hooks to the back if you need to attached the crates to your wall.
Each little compartment holds a spool of thread and the matching bobbin.
This is how I finally have it...four of them inside the wall unit. I have a sad thread collection :( but it works for me!!
I do love the tower too...hmmm...might go back to that. Maybe I'll find more crates, so I can have both ways!!
Look around your house or yard sales and flea markets to see what you can use for a thread organizer!