Here's one of two over the door hanging shoe organizers in Kelsie's room. Most all her shoes are with her at school, so I played around with some ideas to inspire you.
Shoes of course...
How about scarves, gloves, mittens, hats, belts and other accessories.
One pocket for each skein of yarn. Keeps it clean, organized and easy to see.
Toy holder...stuffed animals, barbie dolls, games
This is a small narrow closet in the girls' bathroom.
Holds all the essentials...easy to see when you are running out and need more soap, lotion, toothpaste, floss etc.
I actually cut this in half. The other side is hanging in Courtney's closet. She has a mirror on the inside of her door and this bag fits perfectly without covering the mirror. When you cut it the length of the bag, make sure you keep the seam for each pocket intact.
You could also hang this on the back of your kitchen pantry door. Keep all those small things from getting lost with the cans.
This clear over the door hanger is on the back of my husband's office door. Holds all the over flow office supplies.
These are the shoe bags that hang from the rod in your closet.
Nice and deep front to back.
Charm packs, fat quarters and yardage all in one place!!
There are so many other things you can store in shoe organizers...
- medicine...as long as they are locked and out of reach from children. Great for child free homes
- canning jars filled with craft supplies (buttons, beads). Each jar fits in the pockets
- children's snack bars and treats
- socks, nylons, pantyhose, tights
- bra organizer...keeps them from getting crushed your drawer
- dog supplies...toys, stuffed animals, bones, treat, leashes, collars, brushes
- hair accessories...head bands, clips, bows, brushes, curling irons, straighteners etc
Go through your home and see what you can gathered up and stored in one place. "Like" things stored together keeps things organized and easy to find...which equals less stress!!