Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Tool Time Tuesday...Ideas For Shoe Organizers

I haven't had an organizing post in a little while, so I poked around the house for something I haven't shared yet...so today it's shoe organizers!! We do use them for shoes, but we also use them for other things too. This is a short post of a few ideas that might be helpful in your home.

Here's one of two over the door hanging shoe organizers in Kelsie's room. Most all her shoes are with her at school, so I played around with some ideas to inspire you.

Shoes of course...


How about scarves, gloves, mittens, hats, belts and other accessories.


One pocket for each skein of yarn. Keeps it clean, organized and easy to see.


Toy holder...stuffed animals, barbie dolls, games


This is a small narrow closet in the girls' bathroom.


Holds all the essentials...easy to see when you are running out and need more soap, lotion, toothpaste, floss etc.

I actually cut this in half. The other side is hanging in Courtney's closet. She has a mirror on the inside of her door and this bag fits perfectly without covering the mirror. When you cut it the length of the bag, make sure you keep the seam for each pocket intact.


You could also hang this on the back of your kitchen pantry door. Keep all those small things from getting lost with the cans.


This clear over the door hanger is on the back of my husband's office door. Holds all the over flow office supplies.


These are the shoe bags that hang from the rod in your closet.


Nice and deep front to back.


Ahhh...fabric!!!


Charm packs, fat quarters and yardage all in one place!!


There are so many other things you can store in shoe organizers...
  • cleaners
  • medicine...as long as they are locked and out of reach from children. Great for child free homes
  • canning jars filled with craft supplies (buttons, beads). Each jar fits in the pockets
  • children's snack bars and treats
  • socks, nylons, pantyhose, tights
  • bra organizer...keeps them from getting crushed your drawer
  • dog supplies...toys, stuffed animals, bones, treat, leashes, collars, brushes
  • hair accessories...head bands, clips, bows, brushes, curling irons, straighteners etc
The list is endless what you can store in these bags. They are neat, tidy and out of sight behind the door.

Go through your home and see what you can gathered up and stored in one place. "Like" things stored together keeps things organized and easy to find...which equals less stress!!

Happy organizing,
~Karen~

Pin It

30 comments:

  1. I love your easy peasy ways of keeping stuff tidy! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your organisers especially your fabric one. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are all great ideas. Thanks for this post!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great Pin ideas!

    ~Mrs. Delightful
    ourdelightfulhome.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those are great ideas! I would like to find a pattern or instructions so I could make my own shoe organizer to hang on the back of a closet door.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I use shoe organizers for my fat quarters, too! I use the wooden holders, though. Here's a pic: http://debzpicaday.blogspot.com/2011/04/day-57-of-365.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great idea! I'm going to have to get one of these for my pantry for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great Ideas... I ALWAYS need more organizational ideas especially for my crafting supplies!! Would love for you to stop by sometime this week and share at my Valentine Love Story Linky Party Marathon. Warm Hugs,

    ReplyDelete
  9. Mom always sewed shoe holders for our closet doors. She used blue & white pillow ticking, which was tough as nails back then. I don't think she ever had a pattern. She simply made a long pocket & pleated it a bit as she sewed it across the backing, so the pockets had dimension.

    I always thought it looked old-fashioned & vowed never to have them on my closet doors. But of course, I'm guilty of buying all sorts of metal door racks & shelves at the organizer store. I have very few closet doors that don't do double duty as storage! I also store some fabric in the laminated closet shoe cubbies that you assemble yourself. I fold my fabrics to 4 and 1/4" wide, just right for the cubbies.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great ideas! Thank you for sharing. I'll have to pull my shoe organizer back out of the basement.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I have brought shoe organizers along with me when I've gone on cruises. There is so little space in many cabins, and I use the organizer to hold toiletries and other small items to keep the room neater during our travels.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great ideas. We all know these hangers are available, but just need someone to remind us!

    ReplyDelete
  13. My family thinks I'm a little obsessed with organizing and your ideas are sure going to come in handy! I need more of those shoe things ;)

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a fab and simple idea thanks for the inspiration xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. I LOVE shoe organizers. I have them on about every door in my house. I need more doors! I especially love the clear pocket ones. I use it in my pantry, laundry room for extension cords, gloves, odds and ends. But my favorite use is the game closet. Great for card games
    http://lizzyford.blogspot.com/2011/03/card-game-tins.html

    I saw on Pinterest where they used one outside for planting herbs in! Brilliant!
    http://pinterest.com/pin/24769866670239969/

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love the way your mind works...or is that how your mind plays...
    Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  17. I keep all my notions in a clear shoe organizer on the back of the door in my sewing room - another in the hall closet for gloves, etc. And of course one for shoes, too!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I use my shoe organizer to keep my garden flags & banners. (The weather resistant nylon kind) There are two pockets for each month. Two or three rolled up flags will fit it each pocket. I have a flag on the front of the house, one on the garage, and one to hang over the window of the front door.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love the idea and thank you for all your photos of the different types.
    Cheers.plawlyh

    ReplyDelete
  20. I might have to try this! I've tried storing gloves/hats etc in a plastic drawer tubby thingy... but the kids can't ever find matches.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Well I never thought to store fabric in my shoe holder. Where will I put my shoes!?

    ReplyDelete
  22. I use shoe holders to store balls or skeins of yarn. I can sort them by color that way too.

    ReplyDelete
  23. What brand are the little pink stuffed animal dogs?

    ReplyDelete
  24. One piece of this is just counting how many shoes you have to make sure that you buy a closet shoe organizer that will actually fit all of the shoes that you have.

    ReplyDelete
  25. The other piece of this is measuring the space that you will be putting the closet shoe organizer in.

    ReplyDelete
  26. I've used shoe holders for many things other than shoes, but when I saw your post and it was listed under Tool Time Tuesday it suddenly dawned on me that I could put these in the garage and shed to organize TOOLS, painting supplies and numerous other items! What a fantastic help this will be. Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Love all your creative ideas Karen! Thanks for sharing :-)

    ReplyDelete
  28. Love this shoe storage from Bizarkdeal for my shoes. Easy to setup and use right away. I don't own a lot of shoes, but what I do own becomes a big, annoying little pile in my closet. This fits perfect in a somewhat small closet without taking up a lot of room - I use the top part as an extra shelf too, putting some shoe boxes and other little annoying things to clear up the floor.

    ReplyDelete
  29. Here are four pieces of advice when it comes to storing your shoes so you can have a more organized closet quickly.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment...I just love hearing from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails