The following information is for participants of the Red and White fabric Swap. This swap is closed to any new additions.
Please read all info to the end of the post!
Here are the details for the swap...We have a lot of first time swappers, so I'll be very detailed
- 125 swappers
- 5 inch squares
- you need to cut 125...5 inch squares. This is about 2 1/2 yards of fabric.
- I have a post coming up on how to cut the squares if any one needs a little help
- red and white fabric only...if at all possible just red and white
- 100% cotton
- quilt shop quality...you can tell the quality of the fabric by the feel
- any print, pattern or design in the fabric
- can cut from all of the same fabric or if you are cutting from your stash, different fabrics are fine too. Just need 125 red and white 5 inch squares
- you will mail all blocks to me with another envelope addressed back to you with postage on the envelope. I will do a separate post about mailing, packaging and postage.
- once I receive all the squares, I divide them all up and then mail them back to you
- you will then have 125 different red and white fabric squares to make a beautiful quilt!!
- DEADLINE to mail them to me is JUNE 15th...lots of international swappers, so they need shipping time
Here are a few examples of some red and white fabric that I had in my stash.
- If there is a selvedge edge on your fabric that is not in the same print, please remove before cutting your squares. Not fun to receive some blocks with the white edge outside your seam allowance.
- my thought was to have everyone add the cut strip of selvedge in the envelope and then I will have a drawing among all the swappers for one lucky winner to receive all the selvedges
- what do you think??
Here are a few close ups of some of the designs or patterns in my red and white fabrics.
Look for posts on cutting and shipping coming up. All posts pertaining to this swap can be accessed by clicking the Swap Button at the top of my side bar.
I would greatly appreciate all swappers from all countries outside the US to email me with the name of their country, so I can determine postage for you!! Thanks so much.
If you have any questions, please feel free to email me...sewmanyways@ gmail.com