Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Tool Time Tuesday...Valve Handle Drawer Pull

Happy Tuesday everyone! I started Tool Time over 2 years ago and I thought for sure I would run out of things to use from a hardware store.

Well, I was wandering around the store while hubby was buying new air filters for the a/c units and guess what I found? Isn't it cute and it's red to match my sewing room.


It's a valve handle.




and it was only 99 cents...can't pass that up!


Do you see a valve handle?...because I see a cute red flower.


Perfect thing to replace the boring wooden knob on my desk drawer.


A wooden knob is usually screwed in with a pointy wood screw. Those are technical hardware terms!


To use a valve as a handle, I used a flat tipped metal screw with a nut. (maybe some of you think I am a nut!) The screw doesn't come with the valve handle though.


Just place the handle on the front of the drawer and put the screw in from the front to the inside.




and tighten the nut on the end.


If you need more space between the handle and your drawer front, you can add a few washers or spacers if needed.




Quick and easy transformation.


Looks like a flower to me.


Something girly found in the man section...who knew.


Now you know we have to keep all these Tool Times a secret, because if they find out we are spending so much time in the hardware stores, they'll jack the prices up.

Have a great Tuesday and I'll see you in the hardware store!
~Karen~

ps...don't forget to join in on the linking party I posted yesterday! So many great projects.

37 comments:

  1. I love this little pop of color - and such an unconventional use for the faucet. Great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really cute idea. I unfortunately spent more than you did on my unique hardware. I shouldn't been reading blogs sooner.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Girl... You amaze me! I LOVE this idea.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like we both shop at the hardware store. I have found so many wonderful things at Harbor Freight, that hubby says he isn't going to take me anymore! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats on two years Karen, that is fabulous! I adore your handyman flower, looks great on your drawer!! xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. What an awesome idea. I will have to visit a hardware store. It would also look neat on cupboards, and could spray paint it any color.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just know that would be a cute update to my dresser! What a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love this one! And if red is not your color, you could spray paint it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Pure Genius! I love the burst of color.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Drawer pulls are so terribly expensive...what a great substitute and you're right...shhhhh.....

    ReplyDelete
  11. This one was pure genius for a girl like you who loves red! I see a flower too :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I think is is cute, and I did see a flower, but to finish it off, wouldn't a yellow button look nice in the center.. perhaps some kind of temporary adhesive that will make it still possible to remove the bolt..

    ReplyDelete
  13. You see the beauty and potential in everything. I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Looks like you have a little flower growing from the drawer. Great idea.
    I now subscribe to your blog which I like a whole lot better than using the "reader"

    ReplyDelete
  15. Perfect...a great flowery design and pop of color that works with your space.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love it!! So cute, now I gotta find a place I can use it, hmmmm. My sewing desk is an executive office desk 2 hole handles, maybe attach 2 flowers, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Yes, that's another good idea and I love the look of it. Funnily enough, the knob on my son's chest of drawers has fallen off and needs replacing. I have no idea where the original one went to. It must have fallen into the fifth dimension or something. I wonder if he would like a red flower as a change from the wooden round one? Maybe I'll swap with one of mine. In any case, yours looks lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I was thinking when I first saw the picture that that looked like a pretty flower! Wonderful find!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I never cease to be amazed at what you come up with on Tool Time Tuesday. Faucet Handle = Flower Drawer Pull. Who knew?

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love it! I have never seen them sold like that. I am going to take a look as soon as I can to see if I can use your idea! Thank you again for another awesome idea!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Fantastic idea!! You could even glue something in the middle if you wanted =)

    ReplyDelete
  22. That is such a cute idea to use the handle as a flower. Looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  23. That's really cute! Now I need to find a drawer to transform!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Oh I LOVE this...now I just need to remember it when I get my new sewing room...
    Congrats on two years...

    ReplyDelete
  25. These are just adorable, I got two the other day that had been turned into magnets...so cute.

    You always have your thinking cap on!!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Cute Karen I use them for flowers on my back porch. You don't have to water them either. I love all of your ideas, honestly I do believe you dream this stuff at night.
    Your wheels are always turning.

    ReplyDelete
  27. I loved it thinking it was a faucet handle....then when I saw flower I REALLY loved it. Great job. Again! Lori L

    ReplyDelete
  28. It looks like a flower to me, too!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Love this, Karen. The pop of red against the black desk is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  30. I love your blog so much! some one had pinned something of yours to pinterest and I can't get enough of all the crafts and organizing ideas! I've only just skimmed through some of it but it all looks so amazing! I definitely know where to look for ideas!

    Jelma
    http://confessionsofathriftoholic.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment...I just love hearing from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails