Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Would You Like to Donate Fabric for QOV?...

I'm sure all of you know the power of a blog...the people it can each and the hearts that it can touch. I have made so many wonderful friends through blogging and Sandy is no exception. Sandy is from Maryland and we have emailed each other over the past 2 months and have become fast friends. Even though Sandy doesn't have a blog...and she really should (hint, hint, Sandy)...she is an inspiration to me in many different ways.

One such inspiration is her Quilts of Valor quilts. Sandy's son served 3 years in Iraq and is still in the military. She is making QOV quilts in honor of his service to our country and she donates them to Walter Reed Hospital.

The button I've made below is a picture of one of the quilts Sandy has made. Isn't it just perfect. I love the pattern and all the beautiful colors really make this quilt. I offered to send Sandy some fabric for her next quilt, but then I had a better idea. Why not do a post to see if any one else would like to donate some of their stash or scraps of fabric too!!

space
Sandy is using the chisel pattern, so any scraps larger than 4" X 7" would be great. The colors she uses are any reds, whites, blues, golds or yellows.
space
This is such a wonderful cause. If you'd like to read more on QOV click here for their site.
space
If you'd like to donate any fabric...even the smallest piece...please email me at:
space
space
I will give you Sandy's address to mail the fabric directly to her. Sorry, but no anonymous bloggers...only people who have a blog that I am familiar with. I just don't want to give out her address to people I don't know!! I know you understand.
space
Thanks so much,
~Karen~

11 comments:

  1. I would love to make charity quilts, but limited to tops since I have not perfected my quilting skills. Hoping to win a go and then I can whip them out;)

    One of these days I would like to get a group together and maybe we could all work on quilts, together.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi my son-in-law is a
    stf Sgt in the US Marines and has been to Iraq 3 times not to mention other war torn areas in the world. I also have a 19 year old grand daughter that is in the Air National Gaurd. I am telling you this to say I would be honored to donate some fabric. I will email you.
    Nicole/Beadwright

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great organization. I sent you an e-mail. I'd love to send some fabric.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a good thing to do! And, I don't blame you one bit for being protective == safety first!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so nice! I'd love to send some fabric to help out. Since I am new at quilting, I don't think I am good enough yet to donate my quilts to charity, though it is something that I want to do as I improve!

    When you did the I spy swap a while back, I sewed all of the squares into rows, and then into a top, but haven't done anything with it yet...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Karen. He leido esta entrada en ingles, algo he entendido!!! Por los blogs encontramos buenas personas con ganas de ayudar. Tu eres una de esas. Un beso

    ReplyDelete
  7. Am wondering if it is worthwhile for your friend to set up a PO Box or something so that those of us who would like to help, but you do not know, could donate?
    I have quite the stash and would love to assist.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Karen, thank you for your post on QOV. Our shop is also a sponsor of the QOV-Kansas Bee, and a drop off point for donations. This is such a fabulous organization. The Kansas Bee sends a lot of their finished quilts to the WTB (Warriors in Transition Battalion) at Ft. Riley, Kansas. I have been priviledged to be able to tour those facilities and meet some of the soldiers.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment...I just love hearing from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails