- I unwound all the greenery off the shorter branches (lengths varied 12"-18" inches) to bare wire (see first picture)
- I only used 2 parts of the trunk secured in the base (total height, just under 6')
- then I place only 3 branches in each row, instead of 6, skipping every other hole.
- I use the shorter wires for all my ribbons
- one row has tape and scissors
- the bottom rows have all my gift bags
- I was thinking about using the longer branches that I have and slip a roll of wrapping paper on there.
Maybe if you have an older tree or find one in a second hand shop, you may look at it differently. The pictures aren't that great, but remember it's in the basement.
I'm off to go sew, but the song "O Christmas Tree" is stuck in my head!!