Of course when something goes wrong with your blogging world and you can't control it, it's even more frustrating. Here's what I've just noticed and I think it's been going on for over a month...
- I have it set up for ALL comments that are posted to my blog to be sent to my email address. Yesterday I noticed that a few comments, not all, are only being posted to my blog, but not sent to my email inbox. I'm not sure how long this is going on and wonder if any of you have noticed it too? I went to my comment section on my blog and was deleting some spam and was reading the regular comments and noticed several that I hadn't read in my email box. Not sure what's happening there. Any one have a clue???
- Feedburner, which is the email subscription box that most of us have on our Blogger blogs, usually sends an email out to all subscribers with my latest posts. I subscribe to my own blog to keep track of it. I just noticed that all my posts since early February have not been sent to my inbox, but to my "promotional" box, which is where all advertising type emails go. So if you subscribe to my blog though email, you may have not received a post in your inbox in a while. Maybe check other boxes in your email. I checked my Feedburner account and my firstname.lastname@example.org is the correct return address, so I'm not sure what's happening. When I read my email on my iPhone, ALL email comes in as one stream and is not separated, but when I read it on my home computer it's divided into different types like Primary, Social and promotional, so I didn't notice my blog posts weren't coming in correctly.
- I've also notice that Feedburner has had some updating issues. They've had problems with the stats and updating accounts. I checked this weekend and my email subscription numbers went from over 7000 people to 35. I didn't panic at first, because usually it works itself out if I wait and it did. All numbers are back, but maybe that is they same issue with Feedburner sending our posts out incorrectly.
- Spam commenting is getting worse and worse. There is supposed to be a spam blocker from Blogger and it does work on some comments, but those sneaking little spammers always have a way around it. They create a real blogger account and then they can post under some stupid name like "Clark Kent" and "papa young". I get a lot from these two. They leave actual links in the comment, which leaves your blog with a very bad rating with Google. Google DOES NOT like spam links in the comment section. The worst one I had was just this morning. They blatantly left a comment stating..."Free Porn" with the link. I was infuriated to say the least!! My blood was boiling actually. It was a new comment this morning, but was left on an older post. I deleted immediately. I always hesitated doing this, but I am now going to put on "comment moderation" to avoid all the hundreds of spam that I get every week. I thought just deleting them in the comment section as they came in was enough, but I don't do it every day and I'm afraid some things that aren't being deleted right away, will sneak by.
- One plus to comment moderation is I can now allow "anyone" to comment on my blog, not just registered users, because now I can let the comments I want in, to be posted. I won't turn it on right away, so these comments about your blogging issues can come in automatically.
Ok, I think that's all the things that have bugged me lately with blogging. Have you had any problems? Maybe everyone can leave there problems in the comment section and we can all help each other, because help from Blogger is just not there. We're on our own with this!!
One more thing that made me sooooo mad this morning and it was my own fault. I made a big Mexican Lasagna last night for dinner. We ate late and I couldn't put the dish in the refrigerator right away, because it was too hot. Yes, you guessed it....I LEFT IT OUT OVER NIGHT!!! AHHH, such a waste of food, I want to cry. Oh well, lesson learned. If you fall asleep on the couch, check the kitchen before you go to bed.
Since this post is all wordy, I'll leave you with a picture of Hallie...she doesn't seem to be bothered by this blogging thing or the fact that I left tonight's dinner out on the counter over night.
Thanks for listening today!!