Tuesday, December 30, 2014

How To Make a Marshmallow Wreath...

I've seen marshmallow wreaths in magazines and on Pinterest, so I thought I would give it a try for myself. I took pictures as I was making it and tried to get a post out before Christmas, but never had the chance with so many things going on. This week will be my "better late than never" posts.

I want to share how I put it together, because the wreath has a wintry feel and you can still keep it up for the month of January. I also used it for a decoration at a Hot Chocolate Bar I had for a party and it was the perfect addition. You can also bookmark it or pin it and you can make one for yourself next year for Christmas!

Marshmallow Wreath…

marshmallow wreath

This is a great project to make while you're watching television, so come on in and see…

All you need is…

  • a foam wreath form
  • large marshmallows...I used 2 bags for my size wreath form
  • toothpicks
  • low temp glue sticks and glue gun. (this is optional, but I wanted it to be really secure)

I buy my wreath forms at dollar stores, so the color doesn't always work for a project, but for a dollar, I'll deal.

This is a 12 inch form, but any size will work.


marshmallow wreath

I needed to cover the green color so it wouldn't show through the white marshmallows. I started to cover it with yarn and it seemed like it was going to take forever and I wasn't sure if I had enough. I switched to a wide ribbon that I already had.

marshmallow wreath

The ribbon covered it quickly. I hot glued it in a few spots along the way around to secure.

marshmallow wreath

Looked good, but little did I know this ribbon would be a pain in my butt with toothpicks.

In hind sight, I would have taken the time to use the yarn or even easier, spent the extra money on a WHITE wreath form. My motto, though, is use what you already have.

marshmallow wreath

Before you start adding marshmallows, twist on a wire for a hanger.

marshmallow wreath

If you do have a white wreath form or one covered in yarn, you would just stick in a toothpick about half way and then stick on the marshmallow.

I had to poke a hole in the ribbon first with a sharp awl, because the toothpick wouldn't break through the ribbon.

marshmallow wreath

I added hot glue to the end of the toothpick to secure it in the form. Use LOW TEMP glue or it will melt the styrofoam.

marshmallow wreath

Stick it in half way.

marshmallow wreath

Then pop on the marshmallow. For some marshmallows that were in the outer areas where they might slide off the toothpick, I added hot glue to the marshmallow end of the stick too.

marshmallow wreath

Don't add them in a neat order.

marshmallow wreath

Put them on randomly…on the inside and outside of the form.

marshmallow wreath

Work your way around the wreath.

marshmallow wreath

Done!!

marshmallow wreath

I made a bow out of a strip of fabric, wired it to my make shift wreath stand and then hung the wreath.

marshmallow wreath

Here is my Hot Chocolate Bar!!

marshmallow wreath

This is my "make do" wreath holder. A lamp!!! (unplugged, of course) I wired the bow to the top and then hung the wreath from the metal things that the lampshade clips into.

marshmallow wreath

Easy Peasy!

marshmallow wreath


Hope you enjoyed this "sweet" little project and can find a place in your home to hang one too!!

~Karen~

Pin It

8 comments:

  1. Sweet !Love this color combination.Hugs from Serbia,
    Cale

    ReplyDelete
  2. You can also spray paint Styrofoam forms- my grandmother used to do it all the time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome! I love it. Thanks for sharing your wonderful ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very cute! Now that we have neighbors (moved from the sticks into town!) I'd like to decorate more, and this looks too easy to miss. Thanks for the share!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope that you had a great Christmas and that your New Year will be wonderful too! Best wishes for all good things in 2015 to you and yours! xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment...I just love hearing from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails