Saturday, November 2, 2013

Paint Chip Organizing…Recycled Reward Cards

Hi everyone! We've had some work done to our home and that always has a domino effect on things. The last step to getting the house back to normal is painting the walls, but with an open floor plan…2 rooms turned into painting the kitchen, hallway and guest bathroom.

I've had lots of paint chips buried in my purse, squished in my back pocket and spread out on the kitchen counter. I like to carry them with me when shopping for fabric and area rugs, so I came up with a quick solution….using old rewards cards that I was going to throw out after a purse clean out.

It seems like every store offers you a rewards card. There was a time when I accepted them, but I found I only use 2...my grocery store and our pharmacy. When I cleaned out my stash of cards, I started to cut them up and realized this could be a blog post for something…these are the ones I saved.

paint chip organizer

It's a quick and easy recycling project and I'll share 2 other quick tips for organizing paint chips.

My days of Toys R Us and other cards are long gone.

paint chip organizer

So I painted them with the paints I use around the house for different rooms and projects.

paint chip organizer

I printed out a label on the computer with all the info of the paint. Sometimes the paint can gets covered in paint and hard to read the label.

The other benefit to printing the labels on the computer with all the info…it's also "stored" on the computer.

paint chip organizer

 Put them back on a key chain, so I can keep them in my purse when shopping.

paint chip organizer

An easy no "paint" tip for organizing paint chips is similar, but the paper version can get crumbled on the bottom of your purse unlike the sturdy reward cards.

paint chip organizer

Simply cut out the paint chip you are using and punch a hole in the corner.

paint chip organizer

Use the label trick or just write on the back. These paint chips just show the color. They don't say whether you've purchased gloss, flat or eggshell.

Since the paint chips already say the manufacturer name, maybe you could just put the finish or the store where you bought it.

paint chip organizer

Key ring keeps them all together.

paint chip organizer


Other idea for paint color organizing is a post I did last year…Click HERE to see that.

You can keep them all in a small business card holder.


No matter how you organize your paint chips, keeping them together will help with future paint projects and also very helpful when shopping for accessories.

Hope this was helpful. If you have other ideas on how you organize your paint chips, you can share them in the comment sections.

Thanks for stopping by!!
~Karen~

Pin It

10 comments:

  1. that is a super idea, I am doing heaps of painting too and need to find curtains, so might just do this. Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great idea! I especially love the idea of using the rewards cards. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I take the paint stirs after used, drill a hole in the handles and put the date and room and paint info on the handles and put them on a lg. clip ring.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this idea. Paint colors do look different then the swatch depending on the sheen so an actual brush out is best. Most places will just look up by phone number so there is no need to carry all the cards.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Excellent idea. I also like the idea of using them for fabric swatches when you are shopping for a quilt project. If you use the temporary two sided tape....you can change them out for different quilting projects.

    Smiles,
    Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the idea of using the recycled rewards cards! Now if only I'd kept them! Dang!!! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment...I just love hearing from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails