Friday, August 30, 2013

Find a Friend and Ask the World a Question...

Hi everyone! The past few Fridays, I've combined both of my Friday features on the same day and it worked great, so let's try it again. Welcome to "Find a Friend Friday Linky Party" and "Ask the World a Question".

Add your blog to the linky party below AND ask all your questions in the comment section! Details for each are below.

Hope you can join us!



Question and Answers


Here's how it will work...
  • post your question in the comment section. You can ask anything at all...from sewing, cooking, family, vacationing in other countries, crafting, blogging, photography, decorating...anything goes
  • everyone will read the question
  • if someone has a helpful answer, that person will click the "REPLY" button right under THAT particular question and post the answer!!
  • that way everyone can read the answer too!!
  • this is helpful for those who don't like to share their email address or who are "no replies" and there isn't an email address to respond to
  • just come back to this post to see if your question has been answered!!

Find a Friend Linky Party


This is easy to participate in. You are just linking to your own blog. No Pressure!! No projects to sew, no furniture to paint, no cookies to bake or pictures to take. You are just sharing your site and then friends will stop by for a visit.

  • at the very end of this post, click on the "click here to enter" link...way at the end, after the last blog that has been linked. See it way down there at the bottom?
  • copy and paste or just type in your blog address...example: http://sewmanyways.blogspot.com
  • enter title of link...your blog name or phrase to grab attention
  • add a photo of you, your profile picture or your blog button or whatever you think will grab some one's attention...(I'm thinking a picture of a big piece of chocolate cake, but that's just me LOL)

That's it...super easy. Have fun checking in on all the new blogs. Come back, because more are added all the time!

Don't forget to check out the comment section too...there are ALWAYS great questions and helpful answers.

Happy Blogging,
~Karen~

Pin It

22 comments:

  1. Do you say Autumn or Fall? Here in the UK. we definitely say Autumn!

    http://asaucystitch.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I say Fall but I like Autumn. Maybe it's time for a change ;)

      Delete
    2. In the Southern Hemisphere we are saying Spring....!

      Delete
    3. Here in Alberta, Canada we say Fall. We have that happening right now. Our trees are starting to turn color. Beautiful season!

      Val

      Delete
    4. In the Rocky Mountains and California most people say fall.

      Delete
  2. I'm thinking about purchasing another sewing machine for quilting. What is your favorite? Bernina, Janome, Brother, any others?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Depends on your budget, but I'd say Bernina. The stitch regulator foot really does help beautifully at making even stitches when doing free motion quilting, but it is pricey.

      Delete
    2. I have a Brother PQ 1500-S that is a semi-industrial machine. It only straight stitches, but it's great for free-motion quilting and straight quilting and piecing. My friend who has a Bernina told me my stitches looked better than her stitches with the regulator.
      The Brother is a lot cheaper too. I'd bought mine from a local Brother dealer and suggest you buy from a dealer for the service no matter what you buy. The Brother is around $800.00, so very affordable and easy to use. I've had mine for about 6 years and love it. I will say the one thing I don't like is the needle threader isn't the greatest. But it has needle down position, thread cutter, knee lifter, large sewing table surface that's removable, a large throat space which is important when quilting,high shank feet which I find is better for quilting too. Plus because it's semi-industrial it sews at 1500-rpm's, which I love. I am not affiliated to Brother in any way, I just love this machine.

      Delete
    3. I dearly love my Bernina, but my Juki TL98E is awesome - and the price is very affordable. Lots of harp space for quilting. It only does a straight stitch, but it does it perfectly!

      Delete
    4. When I had to retire my 40 year old Bernina, I was upset because I could not afford another one! I bought a Pfaff Ambition 1.5 and I am happy with it, but I doubt it will last as long as my old Bernina and Singer Featherweight.

      Delete
    5. I love love love my Pfaff Ambition 1.5!!

      Delete
  3. Hi everyone, what's the biggest quilt you have (successfully!) quilted on your domestic sewing machine? I ask because I want to make bigger quilts but still be able to quilt them myself. I know it depends on throat space but am curious to know. So far, I've managed a 67" x 67" lapquilt and a small twin size (82" x 58") quilt. Thank you :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
  4. How do you create a picture link to another post in your blog?
    Once I get more posts on mine I'd like to have an Art page with
    picture links to art-related tutorials.

    Thanks!

    Val

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. After you have added a picture to your draft for the post, click on that picture and treat it as it were a bit of text that you wanted to link to. So click on the symbol that you use for linking. In wordpress it looks like a piece of chain. After you have pressed the symbol a screen will pop up in which you can type or paste the webpage you like to link to. Ater you have published your post the picture will be "clickable". I do not know if Blogger works in the same way, but give it a shot!
      Esther
      esthersipatchandquilt at yahoo dot com
      ipatchandquilt dot wordpress dot com

      Delete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Once again, I thank you for hosting this linking party! I didn't link a sewing project today, but I know you have the Sew Darn Crafty linking party. I would love to add a button to my blog when I link here, but was not able to find one. Did I miss something? Are you still posting the Sew Darn Crafty link or did you just combine it.
    Thanks so much! Enjoy your weekend! ~ Vickie

    ReplyDelete
  7. My question is I have a 1961 Singer Featherweight, one of the light mint green ones, and the handle on the case is cracking and going to break...does anyone have any ideas to fix or replace it?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good morning everybody! Many thanks Karen for Find a friend friday, it's a very good idea. Through it I get to know Rylie from My Thoughts Notebook, lovely woman!. Since the end of April I have a blog about my thoughts, my feelings and.....tutorials!. I love sewing, I'm not a sewer but in some moments of my spare time I love doing it. My blog is http://kyvic100porcien.blogspot.com.es/ if any of us want to have a look and make my day leaving a comment. Thank you very much Karen!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment...I just love hearing from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails