When I was cleaning out their closets at home, I found these hardware storage drawers I bought for them when they were little.
You know children (and sometimes mommies) keep little treasures and memories. This drawer system works great for all those special things!!!
These drawers are so versatile and can be used for so many things...
Each storage drawer unit is set up differently, depending on which type you buy. Some have all the drawers the same size, some have a variety of sizes in one box.
The drawers are usually clear plastic and are a great size.
Some come with plastic dividers too.
The divider slips into a groove in each drawer giving you more individual space for different things...increasing your drawer space.
Both Courtney and Kelsie collected their treasures when they're small...here are some of the things I found in Courtney's drawers.
Hair wrap and name pin from a Disney trip in 1998.
Anyone who has gone to Disney and paid for a hair wrap you know why we save this!! Lol Courtney's wrap was on for a long time, but it slipped right off to save in one piece.
Marbles, jacks and balls...the quintessential kid's game. So cute!
Notes from the tooth fairy and fortunes from fortune cookies...
and you can't forget the rock collection.
All children "collect", so why not give them a special place for them to store their goodies. The drawers keep the items contained (not all over their room) and safe.
Thanks for letting me reminisce. She graduating from college on Saturday and I love that we still have these little treasures from her childhood. I have a lump in my throat...
All adults "collect" too, so why not try hardware storage drawers for you too!!
Here are some suggestions for what you can store in your drawers...to help, don't forget to label the drawers to make it easier to find things.
- threads and bobbins
- all your different sized sewing machine needles
- beads for jewelry making
- all the little scrap booking doo dads
- your person jewelry
- hair accessories...clips, bobby pins, elastics, ribbons, scrunchies
- all your different make-up items
- if you do cake decorating...all the tips and accessories
- embroidery floss collection
- office supplies
- fishing or lure supplies
- all different sized batteries
- button collection divided by color
- small medicine cabinet...great to keep high up on a shelf away from little hands, but still organized
- manicure and nail polish things
- general crafting supplies
- small collections
- and let's not forget nuts, bolts, screws, nails in the hardware drawer!!
Hope you are inspired to get a hardware drawer of your own!!