Friday, September 9, 2011

Blog Buddy...How to Add Static Phrase Under Your Blog Header



Welcome to another edition of Blog Buddy...a place for blogging tips and tricks. For more help, just click the Blog Buddy Button on the right side bar or the page link under my blog title.

Today is a quick tutorial on how to add a static phrase or sentence just below your blog header. Static means when anyone clicks on your blog, that sentence is always there like your blog title or pages are. It's not going to change from page to page like a dated post will do. For example, if someone clicks on a link to an old post you did last year, even though they are on an older post that static sentence is still at the top of your blog

For my sentence, I wrote a short blurb to let friends know I have picture links of projects in my pages section. You can use this for anything though...
  • inspiration phrase
  • a give away that your having that week and you want it to show up every time someone clicks on your blog
  • an Etsy shop you want to advertise
  • a holiday greeting
  • what ever your heart desires


Here's a picture of my sentence just below the red pages...(click any picture to enlarge to see it better)



To add your own...go to the design section of your dashboard and click "Add Gadget" (circled below)


When the pop up window appears, scroll down and click "Text".


When that window appears, write what ever you'd like in the larger box. Probably no need for a title. A title is good if your keeping it on your side bar.

Make sure you click SAVE when you are done.


When you add a gadget, it always ends up under the words "add gadget". Now you have to move it up under your header.

Click on your sentence box and "drag" it up to the Gadget section under your header.

Always click SAVE after every move you make to a gadget.

The picture below shows how to drag it up to where you want it.


Hope this is helpful...have a great day!
~Karen~

10 comments:

  1. You know I never thought to put my Etsy shop or a holiday greeting up at the top! Thank you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you!!! Another good tip to use (o:

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for the tip. I could never get my post to link with your link party. I just worked it out thanks to you. I will also put a phrase under my title when I think of something nice. Thanks again for all your help.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you karen!!! You always have so many helpful tips to share with us!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is so cool! Thank you for the easy tutorials you do, I just put a static phrase up.

    Quilting by the River

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks Karen for this tip. :) hugs Vicki x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you, Karen, for all the wonderful help. I'm trying to learn how to make a button for my blog. Where do I learn how to write the text and create the picture? Any help you can offer will be greatly appreciated.
    Hugs,
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks so much. How would we change the font size and center that line/gadget?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment...I just love hearing from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails